Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need opinions on best waterproof headphone setup for Nox 600

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need opinions on best waterproof headphone setup for Nox 600
August 04, 2018 06:30PM
Trying to add up costs. Do the Minelab yellows have volume? Does Detectorpro make a pair for the Nox? Or should I spend 40 on an adapter and use my land headphones and try to keep everything dry?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 06:31PM by goodmore.
Re: Need opinions on best waterproof headphone setup for Nox 600
August 04, 2018 06:55PM
For my money (literally) only custom made units are acceptable. Just like with the Excaliburs. I made my own with the Ex but I had an extremely skilled friend do the ones for the 'nox and it was worth every penny.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 04, 2018 07:04PM
The yellow Minelabs peak about 65 Db on my meter at full volume. They do not block out surrounding ambient noise and it doesn't take much to drown out the sound of the detector.
August 04, 2018 07:24PM
The yellows IMO would only be worth having if you snorkeled...... not loud/responsive enough. If you are going to spend that kind of money ...... Matty St James, Tony Eisenhower, and Harold make some good phones about the same price. I have no idea what Gray Ghost might sound like .... new management so changes maybe made. I make my own as well and i think speakers work better than piezos.... but price wise piezo are the better deal. The jack is fairly simple to make...... mono jack and an M12 connector. Some guys are finding out their after market phones arent working with the ML connector cable.
August 05, 2018 12:14PM
I bought the screw in adapter and waterproof earbuds for a total of $20 on amazon. They are really loud. If you dive you don't want earbuds, otherwise, this is the cheapest option...also the best option in summer imo as earbuds are much lighter and keep you cooler.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 05, 2018 01:58PM
Ive been wanting to try to adapt a good pair of waterproof earbuds....... that if I want I can just put a modified pair of pelters over. Option for dry sand hunts or water.