Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Current or old , looking for gold , general & diving ?

Posted by Johnkd0cac 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Current or old , looking for gold , general & diving ?
October 23, 2018 02:26PM
My 2nd of so post here , followed a link about nasa's up coming detector .
I use to do prospecting / mining / underwater suction dredging , mostly No. Cal. 80's 90's .
Then a number issues I stopped mining , but wanted to quit normal work a day job / bis. and go to migrating with weather / legal season and do mining / prospecting .
So while back in town trying to sell / make money to do the move , I started getting into buying & using metal detectors , in town beach's , parks while walking the dog .
Had a fire about a yr. ago and lost 4-5 detectors , the dog died of old age .
So looking for both more detectors & a new dog - I can not take myself for a walk regularly - at least not without a dog , I treat my dogs better than myself winking smiley
And cannot afford to get multiple detectors that are specific to each , but I would lean towards gold , diving / underwater and a little general - in that order .
From what I have gathered , underwater seems to not have as much ability to not find trash ?
It would seem that sometimes an older tool can not be beat , but open to new tech ,
One I'm looking at on local craigslist is White's Surf Dual Field unit .
So looking for suggestions and info ?
Thanks John
Re: Current or old , looking for gold , general & diving ?
October 23, 2018 03:33PM
If you want to detect in the water (salt and fresh) and do some gold prospecting, it's hard to beat the Equinox 800 IMO.
October 23, 2018 10:22PM
If you want prospect/beach/park hunt then you need an equinox. If you want to SCUBA detect then you need an excalibur, the equinox is only good for wading depths.
October 23, 2018 10:35PM
Thanks , I'l start checking those out .
October 24, 2018 10:27AM
Well the Nox is good to 3 Meters. You arent going to get away from owning 2 detectors for what you want to do. One for diving and the other for shallow water and dirt. Expect the Nox to hit gold down to about .3 grams much like the Xcal....... but it gets better depth on it. Shes chatty until you get used to it. BUT ...... at the price offered a good used Xcal would be a good add and youd likely still have about the price of an Xcal. Raw gold in the water....... might be difficult with the salt settings. I dont believe Toms machine is dive capable either. Not enough market ....so i think you are stuck with older machines for diving... CZ, Xcal and maybe an aquapulse beyond 3 meters.
October 24, 2018 12:25PM
I know the Whites Surf Dual is spouse to be good in salt water , I did not look at it because of that , I haven't in the past or plan in the future to do salt beach's , not that I wouldn't - just haven't be around any while detecting , only fresh water .
October 24, 2018 01:20PM
Running into the same issue thou......10’ max depth....deeper only multi freq or PIs.