Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why buy an updatable detector other than XP?

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why buy an updatable detector other than XP?
September 16, 2018 12:33AM
I thought the idea of buying an updatable detector was an excellent idea for the detectorist, buy the core product, use it a while, give feedback to the manufacturer, get updates perhaps even paid for tailored updates for your specific needs etc
The only manufacturer that seems to utilize it is XP with updates and coils, and even a pinpointer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 12:34AM by ghound.
Re: Why buy an updatable detector other than XP?
September 16, 2018 12:42AM
I am glad you brought this up.
My response here may surprise some folks.

I was talking just the other day to a fellow detectorist via tele long distance about this.

I believe we as Deus buyers were indeed conned.
Why?

Think about it. Now the Headphone module can do almost all of what remote can do with version 5 update.
Why wasn’t this that was done with update done earlier and released?

Seems to me a whole lot more of the Deus Lite models would have indeed been sold. Saving them some bucks and taking some bucks away from Xp.

It is like the whole platform was smartly staged when you think about it. Granted it all works.

This X35 coil is another piece of the stage work.

I mean surely Xp engineers realized from the getgo or near, headphone module was indeed more capable than was let on initially.

Just some thing to think about. Seems Xp may have done what they did with version 5 and headphone module to up Deus Lite capabilities (it is priced moresoe in Equinox 800 range) to help fight off Nox interest of folks.

I could be all wet here.
Don’t think so though.

One never knows.
The next thing we’ might see is the deus can be updated via wireless headphone port. Lol

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 01:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
September 16, 2018 01:29AM
Big rain coming your way I hear - not a good time to be as WET as you already are!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 16, 2018 01:47AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Big rain coming your way I hear - not a good time
> to be as WET as you already are!

So you don’t think Xp’s timing is suspicious looking?

I never did see where some engineer said, Golly folks we didn’t realize we could make the Headphones module do so much.

Parts of version 5 could have indeed been part of versions 2.0,3.0,etc.
I got conned, I’ll admit.

They Xp were all the time playing a game of Texas hold ‘em . And now they are at the point of going all in. Courtesy of Minelab and you know what.

One more thing.
Think about this.
Why disn't Xp with version 5 release or even earlier version releases, take the TX power hold of 3 off of 4khz band with LF coils?
Notice the X35 coil tx power not locked in lowest band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 01:54AM by tnsharpshooter.
September 16, 2018 12:40PM
I believe if the hardware is good......doing updates for a cost would be a money savor for the companies. No more having to repackage just to make a software change. In the end they might make just as much money. HOWEVER...... then we would complain they held this back and should have done it in the first place........ kind of like you are now. Sometimes things look good on the drawing board...... but need tweaked ... more than once even. Instead they just do new hardware and then tweak it calling it new tech. New tech now is coming from the software.