Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox altering the 'weighting' of programs by ground balance?

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox altering the 'weighting' of programs by ground balance?
September 19, 2018 08:14PM
I was ground balancing in single frequencies with my Nox 800 the other day and as you would expect the ground balance numbers change depending on the frequency used so i wonder if we can alter the the 'weighting' of a program by doing a ground balance in the opposite frequncy to the 'weighting' preset eg Field 2 is 'weighted' towards the higher frequencies so if we did a ground balance in 5kHz and then switched to multi would the 'weighting' have changed to any degree? would the Field 2 program now favour a wider range of conductors? would doing this offer any benefits ? i dont know but i will be trying to find out this weekend any thoughts on this ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 08:25PM by sanjuro.
Re: Equinox altering the 'weighting' of programs by ground balance?
September 20, 2018 12:42AM
sanjuro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was ground balancing in single frequencies with
> my Nox 800 the other day and as you would expect t
> he ground balance numbers change depending on the
> frequency used so i wonder if we can alter the the
> 'weighting' of a program by doing a ground balance
> in the opposite frequncy to the 'weighting' preset
> eg Field 2 is 'weighted' towards the higher freque
> ncies so if we did a ground balance in 5kHz and th
> en switched to multi would the 'weighting' have ch
> anged to any degree? would the Field 2 program now
> favour a wider range of conductors? would doing th
> is offer any benefits ? i dont know but i will be
> trying to find out this weekend any thoughts on th
> is ?

This is what Minelab says:

Park 1 Multi-IQ processes a lower frequency weighting of the multi-frequency signal, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio.
Hence Park 1 is most suited for general detecting and coin hunting.

Park 2 Multi-IQ processes a higher frequency weighted multi-frequency signal while ground balancing for soil.

Field 1 Multi-IQ processes a lower frequency weighted multi-frequency signal, as well as using algorithms that maximise ground balancing for soil, to achieve the best signal to noise ratio. Hence being most suited for general detecting and coin hunting.

Field 2 Multi-IQ processes a higher frequency weighted multifrequency signal while ground balancing for soil.

Beach 1 Multi-IQ processes a low frequency weighted multi-frequency signal, and uses special algorithms to maximise ground balancing for salt.

Beach 2 MultiIQ processes a very low weighted multi-frequency combination, using the same algorithms as Beach 1 to maximise ground balancing for salt.

Not to be confused with auto tracking, but it appears that the Equinox is doing ground balancing specific to each search mode irregardless of whether you do a ground grab (auto ground balance in EQ speak) or not.