Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some field time with Deus 9” X35 coil

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Some field time with Deus 9” X35 coil
November 04, 2018 10:57AM
The coil for whatever reason seems ‘chirp’ wise to fall in between how the LF Deus coils behave and the 2 HF coils available for Deus.
Coil performs well in iron using the highest band of freq. It identifies iron very well. Signals from bigger iron that do sound off give a more pecking sound with ID in the 90s.
This coil while using 4khz does offer 2 levels of TX power unlike the LF coils offer. And the rest of the frequency bands while being used offer three levels of TX power levels 1,2 and 3.
Users of this coil do have ability to unnormalize and normalize VDI ID unlike using Hf coils. This can come in handy for discerning nonferrous and recognize some ferrous.
I didn’t use my wireless pointer so I can’t currently comment on how the linking and delinking while using pinpointer works. This was a problem for many using previous versions and other Deus coils both HF and LF.
Coil ergonomically as one would expect feels just like the low freq 9” coil where the battery for both are inside the coil unlike the 2 optional Hf coils that are available. Imo the 9”Hf coil with battery in stem does feel better vs X35 coil.
The X35 coils does seem to come in black only.

So far based on my testing and limited use it seems like a good overall choice especially if a person is set on just having one coil Deus setup for their detecting.
I will run some more and post.
This coil is on loan from forum member here Calabash.
So thanks Calabash for giving me an opportunity to use this coil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2018 11:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Some field time with Deus 9” X35 coil
November 04, 2018 04:30PM
Thanks for the report TNSS. Just received my Deus with that same coil.
November 04, 2018 05:22PM
Druid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the report TNSS. Just received my Deus
> with that same coil.

You are welcome.
Ran some more this morning.
Noise wise (as far as reduced noise when running) closer to HF 9”coil vs 9” LF coil.
Checked in 2more sites this morning plus at my house.

X35 coil won’t hold auto tracking in my detector proving grounds sites just like all my other Deus coils (9” LF, 11” LF, elliptical Hf and round Hf coils.

Folks looking for depth in medium and higher mineralized ground take note of ground sensitivty (GS) setting under expert tab while in GB page. It is defaulted to level 6. So I use manual GB most times. I could go to ground sensitivity levels 8-10 and get my Deus coils to hold tracking GB but this comes with a price. Running ground sensitivity 10 in my area causes some nonferous to go undetected, chop, or sound more like ferrous. I even use this moving from ground sensitivty level 6 to 10 sometimes to make a dig no dig decision while using manual GB balanced to actual ground. If signal disappears when going to GS level 10 I’ll dig. If the signal gets better when going GS level 10, likely iron based on my experiences.

I think you will enjoy your coil. Versatile !!
With settings adjustments depending info can be gotten on suspect targets.
Look forward to your finds and thoughts on the coil.
November 04, 2018 05:41PM
Thanks again TNSS,
I am hoping to get the Deus out some as we don't generally go into a deep freeze here on the "wet coast'.
Too shiny to take out in the rain though, have the Nox for that.
Cheers,
Drew.
November 04, 2018 07:55PM
Ole' TNSS!
November 05, 2018 03:02AM
Doesn't it have boost mode using the 4 freq?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 05, 2018 10:01AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesn't it have boost mode using the 4 freq?

Yes it does.
Only 2 choices for power setting using lowest freq band -normal and boost.
See page 32 this link.
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 10:05AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 05, 2018 01:22PM
Nice report!