Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX AND Deus air test in responce to cz3d

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQUINOX AND Deus air test in responce to cz3d
November 18, 2018 08:29PM
This is a air test with the Nox and Deus. I saw the video you posted on the CZ3D on the other thread.AIR TEST...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 08:34PM by calabash digger.
Re: EQUINOX AND Deus air test in responce to cz3d
November 18, 2018 09:06PM
Yes but what about I.D. numbers? Nox sounds like it's dropping a tone or two. And is the Deus in all metal?
Don't get Me wrong still impressive but CZ-3D is using a 8" coil and Sens. was only at 4.5 on mine and it held the High tone to the edge of depth. You have to give it that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 09:08PM by Harold,ILL..
November 18, 2018 09:17PM
Deus was in pitch but it doesnt matter on it because it will up average vdi and high tone on the targets at the edge of detection depth. Full tones, 5 tones, 4 tones etc on the deus would have done the same thing. Nox is still giving a good tone. I didnt check the Vdi numbers because as you know I dont dig by them. I dig the deep stuff by tone, both the Nox and Deus are able give a proper high tone on some crazy deep targets.
November 18, 2018 09:25PM
Yes I will admit I was surprised as all the videos I seen on those 2 Detectors I never saw anything crazy deep dug like the CZ-3D videos.
Bill S. Dug some super deep coins with His CZ-3D's on video. Check them out if You don't believe Me.
And I.D. at depth is more important to us Deep coin hunters than Relic Hunters.
November 19, 2018 12:42AM
I have a CZ5 and a CZ 6a Tom tuned to 11.9in. I have the Deus with 9in Hf and 9in X35. I tested the Nox800 for 200 plus hours against the CTX3030 and the CZ 6a old coin hunting in
the local old parks and against the Deus relic hunting at old homesteads, rail camps etc. I sold the Nox back in May before the 6in coil came out because I came to the conclusion I would
not select it over the Deus for relic hunting and not over the CTX or 13 CZs for old coin hunting. The Nox depth ID was terrible. It read everything in my soil past 6in as maxed out depth on the
meter. Its modulation at depth is way behind the CZs. Deep beaver tails would give a consistent 12 13 reading on the Nox, right in the nickel range. On the CZ if you get a high tone target reading
in the 7 to 8 in range when pinpointing it, it is 7 or more so you know its deep. If it struggles to pinpoint but is showing max depth with the needle pegged it is super deep, past 8in.
Trash to treasure ratio is much better on the CTX and CZs because you don't spend all your time chasing deep beaver tails or screw caps. My knees cant handle all the digging that the Nox made
me do. If you can only afford one machine I think the Nox would be a great choice, just not the best at any given category etc.
November 19, 2018 02:11AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a CZ5 and a CZ 6a Tom tuned to 11.9in. I h
> ave the Deus with 9in Hf and 9in X35. I tested th
> e Nox800 for 200 plus hours against the CTX3030 an
> d the CZ 6a old coin hunting in
> the local old parks and against the Deus relic hun
> ting at old homesteads, rail camps etc. I sold th
> e Nox back in May before the 6in coil came out bec
> ause I came to the conclusion I would
> not select it over the Deus for relic hunting and
> not over the CTX or 13 CZs for old coin hunting.
> The Nox depth ID was terrible. It read everything
> in my soil past 6in as maxed out depth on the
> meter. Its modulation at depth is way behind the
> CZs. Deep beaver tails would give a consistent 12
> 13 reading on the Nox, right in the nickel range

> On the CZ if you get a high tone target reading
> in the 7 to 8 in range when pinpointing it, it is
> 7 or more so you know its deep. If it struggles t
> o pinpoint but is showing max depth with the needl
> e pegged it is super deep, past 8in.
> Trash to treasure ratio is much better on the CTX
> and CZs because you don't spend all your time chas
> ing deep beaver tails or screw caps. My knees can
> t handle all the digging that the Nox made
> me do. If you can only afford one machine I think
> the Nox would be a great choice, just not the best
> at any given category etc.

The software update fixed the depth meter problem and improved the audio modulation.
The depth meter is very accurate now and not only has the modulation improved but it seems the
audio nuances have improved too.

The beaver tails are still a problem falling directly in the nickel window of 12-13. Especially the folded or rolled up tabs.
I had the same problem with the CTX and E-Trac, but not nearly as bad it seems.

The Nox does seem to like bent wire, screws, nuts and bolts a little more then the FBS machines, but it also can be heard in the audio.
If you don’t want to dig much trash while coin hunting old parks, it can be done with the Nox. Most coins sound VERY nice clear to maximum depth.

If you don’t want to dig trash, just skip the one way signals, the ones that seem like they have an audio delay, or the ones you have to fight.
For the hunters that want to find the partially masked coins you are going to have to work these signals and dig some extra rusty iron, but you will be rewarded..

The Nox will sniff out more old coins in difficult, trashy ground then the FBS and CZ Detectors. No doubt in my mind. I’ve used them all extensively..
It will take above average skills and work to do this though.

I will end by saying these are my observations and opinions for turf hunting old coins in my area (Pacific Northwest) which has difficult ground.
This may not apply to you guys out there with mild soil, or different types of hunting such as beach or relic.

Bryan
November 19, 2018 02:32AM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a air test with the Nox and Deus. I saw th
> e video you posted on the CZ3D on the other thread
> .AIR TEST...[/ur
> l]

How about a link to that CZ3D test. @#$!

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
November 19, 2018 02:51AM
I don’t value air test very much. Basically use them to maybe check my detector if I suspect it has gone haywire. The CZ May test a mile, but it will fall short in my area’s soil.
Do they only make concentric coils for CZ detectors???
If so why??
November 19, 2018 03:27AM
In Calabash Diggers soil air test would be very significant because he has very little if any mineral in it. When he does his show and tell videos in his yard it don't help me a bit because I have to figure in mineralized soil and what that machine might be capable of for use in my dirt. And in my dirt FBS and CZ's has been the deepest for me for coin hunting.