Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

E 800---or (v.s.)---Deus

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
E 800---or (v.s.)---Deus
November 19, 2018 03:45PM
Opinions? (at this stage of the game & with what we now know about the two)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 04:34PM by D&P-OR.
Re: E 800---or (v.s.)---Deus
November 19, 2018 04:41PM
What are you asking here... not certain with your 'short hand?'

I've still got my 'Deus'... or [ some of it!!! ]

The Remote was sent off for a battery replacement - working 100%

"Bad News", was the Title of the E-Mail from the Distributor
'corrosion on the board! XP won't touch cases like this!"

Replied: "Corrosion? How? I never got it wet!"

"Battery corrosion" was the reply!
And... "We attempted to clean it off but have 'removed' some of the components of the board because XP use a 'follow through solder system!"

A DOA remote was returned to me.

I Sold my Equinox 600 but have 'promised' myself an 800: but by the time I might get around to that it could be next Spring and there might be an Equinox 1200 or an E Trac 2...!!!!!"

But it WAS one of the very first ones and old...

Tip: Change out the remote's battery if you want to keep it in much the same way a pal still has and uses a 'Fisher 1266-X!'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 05:12PM by Des D.
November 19, 2018 04:54PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are you asking here... not certain with your
> 'short hand?'
>
> I've still got my 'Deus'... or [ some of it!!! ]
>
> The Remote was sent off for a battery replacement
> - working 100%
>
> "Bad News", was the Title of the E-Mail from the D
> istributor
> 'corrosion on the board! XP won't touch cases like
> this!"
>
> Replied: "Corrosion? How? I never got it wet!"
>
> "Battery corrosion" was the reply!
> And... "We attempted to clean it off but have 'rem
> oved' some of the components of the board because
> XP use a 'follow through solder system!"
>
> A DOA remote was returned to me.
>
> I Sold my Equinox 600 but have 'promised' myself a
> n 800: but by the time I might get around to that
> it could be next Spring and there might be an Equi
> nox 1200 or an E Trac 2...!!!!!"
>
> But it WAS one of the very first ones and old...
>
> Tip: Change out the remote's battery if you want t
> o keep it in much the same way a pal still has and
> uses a 'Fisher 1266-X!'

Sorry Des-----I should have made my title to read "Equinox 800 versus XP Deus".-----Members here own/use both of them don't they?-----Just wondered what thoughts of those two detectors are now that the Equinox has been out for awhile.------Thanks for your reply.-----------Del
November 19, 2018 05:20PM
As far as relic hunting in sites littered with ferrous and or higher mineral seeking all nonferrous. Deus user needs more than one coil to compete with Equinox owner with 11” coil.
User only having LF coil won’t match.

Deus handles square nails better on average.

ID at depth user really has no clues at to conductivity of suspect target.

Both Deus and Equinox hotter on nickels vs dimes with advantage to Equinox.

Emi handling advantage Equinox especially compared to Deus wearing LF coils.

Equinox easier for beginner to get higher degree of performance vs Deus.

Ergo wise Deus and Equinox feel very similar as long as Deus has 11” Coil.
Deus with smaller coils feels better than Nox especially the round Hf coil and the smaller elliptical Hf coil.

Equinox with 6”coil is a nice modern trash hunter looking for higher conductive and yes even nickels.

Deus in modern trash can compete but user must horse around changing settings amid sweeping targets to gain intel on conductivity of targets. The deeper to fringe detected not so much here.

Irregular shaped nonferous advantage Equinox.

Recognizing iron via tone nuance provided advantage Deus.

Screen viewing ability advantage Equinox.

Rod adjustment for refined length advantage Deus.

Keypad usage as far as ease and actual use, advantage Equniox.

Backlight advantage Equinox 800.

For any site with ferrous present, I would want both Equinox used and Deus used wearing each the HF coils or I want the elliptical Hf coil, the 9” hf coil and x35 Coil used.

So bottom line right now.
A serious relic hunter I recommend a person get both Deus with a few coils and the Equinox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 05:24PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 19, 2018 05:29PM
They are very similar in operation - both 'super quick' to use.

ML clearly had Deus in it's sights when developing the Equinox system. (AT Pro too, to a certain extent i.e. waterproofness) I think (and I might attract flak for this) they 'went out of their way' to best both brand models.

I've had a 'Love/Hate' relationship with Deus for years. I only use it on old sites. It's just too crazy in a 'modern' site situation.
I had a love hate relationship too with my E600. I gave it plenty of chances and took it to a series of sites that [ had failed to present new finds for weeks in perfect soil conditions ] with E Trac, and Deus to mention a few.
True, the E600 found a few but as I have reported in other posts, a few acres just didn't net any keepers at all.

It performed better on a few other sites but I hadn't run the Deus there?

Now, this past week I was on a well detected site with a pal and he and his buddy have detected there for years and years and I failed to get even a single dig with an E Trac (I did dig one large 'rail road track' type of bolt as there is a rail line nearby - it overpowered the discrimination and gave 'good numbers!')

I've just E-Mailed my buddy to ask if it would be OK to visit that site 'next week' sometime and tackle it with a 'Deus'
So for now, I'll hold off on a final answer!"
November 19, 2018 05:34PM
I found that the biggest difference between the two was that the E800 was much easier to sellsmiling smiley
November 19, 2018 05:39PM
I reported early on as far as head to heads using equinox and Deus and LF coil.

Presto the X35 Deus Coil materializes.
Coincidence or for the reasons I talked about in my reporting here.
I’ll let folks decide for themselves.
I already have my opinion.
November 19, 2018 06:23PM
Here is the final word. No machine is perfect for everyone or every site. The 'nox is the peak of current detector evolution on the market. Both machines are super tuneable and light and will do very well when the user is reasonably proficient with it. The 'nox is virtually turn on and go because of the preprogrammed settings that are very well designed and tailored to common hunt settings. If the Deus had that I might still have mine.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 19, 2018 07:22PM
Hey Del,
Both of them are great mahines. If a guy does some prospecting or coin shooting the Nox gets my nod. Certainly more user friendly. If a guy is more of a relic hunter in iron infested spots the Deus gets the nod. If I had to pick just one of them as an "all-a-rounder" it would be the Nox.

Are you guys down in Quartzite yet?

Dean
November 20, 2018 02:14AM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the final word. No machine is perfect for
> everyone or every site. The 'nox is the peak of c
> urrent detector evolution on the market. Both mac
> hines are super tuneable and light and will do ver
> y well when the user is reasonably proficient with
> it. The 'nox is virtually turn on and go because
> of the preprogrammed settings that are very well d
> esigned and tailored to common hunt settings. If
> the Deus had that I might still have mine.

The Deus does have that. Don't even need to ground balance the deus. Runs great at factory ground balance. A matter of fact it has more pre programmed settings for different sites then the Nox 800 has.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 02:16AM by Kickindirt.
November 20, 2018 03:05AM
Patsy & I just now got in from a hunt & I checked the computer.------Thanks everyone for your responses.----Great info & I appreciate you taking the time to respond.--------Dean---I'm sending you a p.m.thumbs down--------------Del
November 20, 2018 10:22AM
No brainer for me. Salt water hunting is my main hunting. The Equinox is the only choice between the two.

I had a couple of Deus units a few years ago. I personally never liked the wireless coil idea. Just another gimmick to me. Updating coils. Batteries in coils. The price of those coils. EMI to those coils. Antennas to those coils. Charging those coils. Do you really care about a coil cable? Not me. Oh and those blinking lights on those coils at night.

Nobody mentioned price to this point? For half the price a 600 can compete. And do other things a Deus can not do.
November 20, 2018 12:02PM
pretty easy decision , you want a md that will do dirt and beach take an equinox , you do only dirt take a deus , you do 20% beach and 80% earth take a deus . if you do 50/50 take an equinox, Deus is better at handling trashy site keep that in mind, you can carry it to very easily in a backpack if you do some trekking or else.
November 20, 2018 12:24PM
I have been using the Deus for about 3 years now and the Equinox since it came out and actually prefer my Deus. Much more of a learning curve but you get much more information and ability to "tweak" the unit with the Deus. The "Nox" biggest selling point is the multi frequency and it is a real game changer BUT with the Deus I think you get a lot more. Of course you pay more for the Deus if you buy the remote but with the V5.2 upgrade you have the ability to buy a "lite" version a little cheaper than the Equinox and you have the TX power option, the reactivity adjustment, ground tracking, iron volume etc.
Hands down I will always pick my Deus for a relic hunt and most likely the Equinox for coin shooting but have been killing it this last year coinshooting with the Deus so it is no slouch either.