Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multi Frequency machines Question

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Multi Frequency machines Question
December 08, 2018 12:46AM
With all of the multi Frequency machines on the market is anyone in bad soil using the 5 kHz frequency for coin hunting? If you are tell me how it's performing for you. Thanks
Re: Multi Frequency machines Question
December 08, 2018 01:42AM
I've tried it on the deus. Seems to like alot more iron and high tone falsing in my area. I wouldn't recommend in high iron areas.
December 08, 2018 01:48AM
If after Silver coins I would.
December 08, 2018 02:03AM
I just know that when I had a Fisher 1266x that ran 4.8 kHz it was deep in my 3-4 bar dirt and it was awesome on silver. I dug silver elbow deep with it and it didn't even have a ground balance on it.
December 08, 2018 02:18AM
That is the fun of multi freq machines you get to go back and try all the FREQS smiling smiley
December 08, 2018 02:20AM
Ive alwasy found from personal experience,, when a machine is built from the ground up on a freq of choice it can do certain things that is its strong point very well.

Multi type units seem to handle mineral and wet salt very well...But if they are really like a FBS unit on 1khz to 100khz then they ought to be super hot on everything.

Seem's the multi or fbs etc seems to be able to use the multi to handle mineral and give better IDs in mineral and depth.. but at times seem not to be able to do what a dedicated single freq does on certain target's in certain dirts.

just my take

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 08, 2018 02:54AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive alwasy found from personal experience,, when a
> machine is built from the ground up on a freq of c
> hoice it can do certain things that is its strong
> point very well.
>
> Multi type units seem to handle mineral and wet s
> alt very well...But if they are really like a FBS
> unit on 1khz to 100khz then they ought to be super
> hot on everything.
>
> Seem's the multi or fbs etc seems to be able to us
> e the multi to handle mineral and give better IDs
> in mineral and depth.. but at times seem not to
> be able to do what a dedicated single freq does on
> certain target's in certain dirts.
>
> just my take
>
> Keith

And that’s why I love reading Keith’s stuff....it’s true. What’s not to like?smiling smiley
December 08, 2018 03:12AM
88junior Wrote:
> I just know that when I had a Fisher 1266x that ra
> n 4.8 kHz it was deep in my 3-4 bar dirt and it wa
> s awesome on silver. I dug silver elbow deep with
> it and it didn't even have a ground balance on it.

So a 1266 was that hot in your Hot ground without GB?
December 08, 2018 03:23AM
I believe Keith was using the multi kruzer in 5khz in his dirt for a long while and doing really good with it/weren’t you Keith?
December 08, 2018 06:41AM
Yeah Harold it was crazy deep on silver in my dirt. It was as deep as my Etrac if not deeper. It was one of the early ones that came with a white coil and twin stacked circuit boards. The later ones weren't no wheres close in depth.
December 08, 2018 10:44AM
Keith..... i agree what the designer was thinking makes a big difference. They used to design around that freq as a good middle of the road freq and there just wasnt a lot of machines for salt water hunting. If was good for most dirt hunting and those high conductor targets. Doesnt a lot of the lesser expensive single freq units still work in that range?
December 08, 2018 03:04PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

>
> Seem's the multi or fbs etc seems to be able to us
> e the multi to handle mineral and give better IDs
> in mineral and depth.. but at times seem not to
> be able to do what a dedicated single freq does on
> certain target's in certain dirts.
>
> just my take
>
> Keith

You seem to be assuming that "multi freq" means that all freqs are being treated equally; in other words a whole lot of single freq machines running at the same time. I don't believe they do, and I don't believe the marketing about 100 freqs or such nonsense. From everything I have ever been able to learn about FBS is that its only 2 or maybe 3 PRIMARY driving frequencies, and probably only 1 of those is an actual detecting frequency. Everything else are harmonics and freqs used to cross-check for mineral compensation. It would explain why FBS are so incredibly hot on silver yet suck on low conductor. That goes back to the discussion about designer's intent.