I'm stoked. My new ATPro will be waiting on me tonight.
November 09, 2018 08:21PM
I'm excited as I've been looking forward to it all week as I've always liked the AT Pro.

HH
Mike
Re: I'm stoked. My new ATPro will be waiting on me tonight.
November 09, 2018 08:43PM
Don't make it wait too long. lol

Stoked
November 09, 2018 08:49PM
I'm afraid to click on the link.

sad smiley

HH
Mike
November 09, 2018 09:48PM
It's a great machine Mike. You get the 5 X 8 coil too? Must have coil on that machine
November 09, 2018 10:00PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a great machine Mike. You get the 5 X 8 coil
> too? Must have coil on that machine

X2

tabman
November 09, 2018 10:21PM
Have fun. A fine detector.
November 09, 2018 11:14PM
It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thick of iron.

Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:

[www.youtube.com]
November 11, 2018 12:52AM
That is impressive with the size of the iron that came out of that hole. I can say the AT Pro is light in weight and deadly with the 5x8" coil on it. Not super deep with this combo but I can get a good 7" deep on a dime in my soil.

Cal_cobra Wrote:
> It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio
> pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thic
> k of iron.
>
> Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:
>
> [www.youtube.com]
November 11, 2018 05:50AM
With the AT gold and 5x8 I had and with the ground balance turned negative it was hitting my 9" test dime.
November 12, 2018 03:13PM
The detector arrived Friday so I got to use it Sunday.

Using the ATPro is like riding a bicycle. Once you have done it once its no problem to do it again. Very nice.

Nothing special to report for my maiden hunt other than a little over $7 in clad. ($4.75 in quarters, $1.70 in dimes, /.50 cents in nickels, and about 20+ pennies.

I like Pro mode for most stuff, but I like STD mode for digging aluminum. Aluminum range targets really stand out in STD mode, and I dig a LOT of aluminum. I'll probably use STD mode in my patches and Pro mode everywhere else.

I'm very pleased with it.

HH
Mike
November 12, 2018 03:28PM
EPL II Wrote:
> That is impressive with the size of the iron that came out of that hole. I can say the AT Pro is light in weight and deadly with the 5x8" coil on it.
> Not super deep with this combo but I can get a good 7" deep on a dime in my soil.
>
>
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a good iron sifter, I liked their iron audio pro mode, sniffed out some nice silver in the thick of iron.
> >
> > Matter of fact, here's an oldie but goodie:
> >
> > [www.youtube.com]

Ironically I had been over that exact area heavily with my F75, never got a peep of high tone. That same area had a funny masking issue when was using my F75, very odd tones, started digging and got an old brass wingnut, swept the F75 over it again, and got a broken high tone, and then multiple mid-high tones, dug another old brass wingnut. Swept the F75 over it again, and then was getting one mid-high tone and a broken high tone. Dug another old brass wingnut, and then when sweeping the coil I got a solid 92. It turned out that the wingnuts were in a triangle formation over a walker half dollar. In that same small area I pulled out several silver dimes, the walker half and maybe a silver quarter and some wheats. That's what prompted me to re-scan it with the ATP, and then I got the sterling silver spoon. Ended up digging 4 sterling silver spoons out of this site. It was an older boy scout/church camp, started in 1940 and died in the 1960's. Another fellow and I dug well over 100 silver coins in five weeks out of this site, silver jewelry, a gold ring, etc., and then it basically dried up.
November 12, 2018 08:14PM
I could swear it has 4 tones in Pro mode. Low, Medium, Zinc, and High tone. Items in the Zinc range like modern pennies and keys have their own unique pitch. A little blending of medium and high tone.

HH
Mike
November 12, 2018 08:36PM
Well done Mike.

Excluding all Minelab models, the "AT Pro", was 'my detector of this decade',
I came to it late: though I had 'seen it' in 2010 when it had been introduced: I got to test it in 2017: my Conclusion was "I was sorry I hadn't picked it up before now!"
It's a machine I wouldn't hesitate to acquire again.

Excluding all Minelab models again: "The Teknetics T2" was my detector of the Previous decade. Loved everything about it...that color was absolutely gorgeous!
Re: Teknetics: I'd 'prefer' to get a more stable T2 where I could crank SENS all the way instead of running @ 70% due to EMI.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 08:38PM by Des D.