Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advice for a Canada guy

Posted by 1ptr58 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Advice for a Canada guy
December 30, 2018 03:33AM
So I’m stuck in fresh water steel modern clad land with a bit of awesome silver and brass relic hunting. I’m thinking a water proof machine that has a true all metal. I’m not looking for a better than the other machine, but a better for up north machine. I’m thinking Equinox 800 or AT Max or Anfibio. Another thought to consider would be repairs and warranty. I wonder who has what here in Canada. I’m sure Garrett’s has service centre here. With a short season, a several week turn around isn’t a great thing. And last question if I may. If i go with the Anfibio, does the Makro or the Nokta pinpointer pair best, or does it matter. I guess I’m a nutshell I need a waterproof all metal mode machine that has painless repair options. smiling smiley. Thanks for entertaining my questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 02:23PM by 1ptr58.
Re: Advice for a Canada guy
December 30, 2018 04:29PM
Hard to beat Nokta/Makro for International Support & we have those new iron clad coins in NZ as well -

The Fors CoRe & Racer had no probs picking those out of iron -

Good luck with what ever you choose - lots of good options these days smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 30, 2018 04:32PM
You buy what you want.
I live in USA.
Will post a few vids and links here that might help you.

[www.findmall.com]

[www.findmall.com]

[www.findmall.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 04:46PM by tnsharpshooter.
Thanks for the reply and those awesome links
December 31, 2018 02:27PM
I appreciate it.
December 31, 2018 04:12PM
"You buy what you want" - rather an obvious statement tnss

How often are you forced into buying what you don't want to in the USA, if you don't mind me asking?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 31, 2018 06:31PM
1ptr58 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m thinking a water proof machine that has
> a true all metal. I’m not looking for a better tha
> n the other machine, but a better for up north machine.

CZ21 ? I know one thing....it will handle the up North elements.
December 31, 2018 07:16PM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You buy what you want" - rather an obvious statem
> ent tnss
>
> How often are you forced into buying what you d
> on't want to
in the USA, if you don't mind me
> asking?

The reason I said what I did.
I didn’t want gent or folks here to think I as being suggestive or endorsing any model. (Based on links and YouTube’s i provided gent) Especially since I haven’t dug any modern Canadian clad period.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 07:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 07:57PM
Hi 1ptr58,

Fellow Canuck here; I have the EQ 800 and a couple of the Nok/Mak machines, both are good units.
For steel clad coins Nok/Mak have a pretty good intrinsic ability to respond, EQ800 needs the horseshoe on for iron response and it will take longer IMO to learn the subtle "tells" our clad produces. I think if you want to water hunt either an EQ800 or Anfibio will give you many happy hours afield.
Cheers,
Drew.