Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus is alpha in iron of any type!

Posted by Blackflag 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus is alpha in iron of any type!
February 16, 2019 09:12PM
I mostly hunt turn of the century abandoned homesteads or timber camps from the same time period. The XP Deus is the easiest I’ve used to consistently pull the goods out of the thickest of iron. Once you’re out in the thinner iron or a more modern site with the newer types of trash the equinox, mak/nokta , and most other machines seem to pull back even or ahead. In the thickest of iron when looking for a non ferrous target it’s hard to beat the audio of the XP Deus. I really believe the XP Deus is the alpha in iron. Would really like to know if anyone has seen the same or maybe have a different opinion.
Re: XP Deus is alpha in iron of any type!
February 16, 2019 11:51PM
Good detector in iron. Was a great detector in iron using LF coils. But we didn’t know what we didn’t know. Hence Hf coils came along and they are even better than LF coils.

Yes the audio is very telling. And even real challenged targets can be sniffed out. Audio on these though might not be as standout. But you put other detectors over these one might be surprised when they go whiff.

Actually user friendly too.

Best way to tell how good one is getting sniffing out even the most challenged nonferrous is to watch ID on meter when sweeping. If you see 00 or 01 and 02s on the sweeps in meter and are digging these and finding nonferrous you are getting super proficient using. If you are seeing 03,04,05s in the meter and are digging these and not the prior you need more time/work with detector.
So it has been said ID function on Deus meter stinks. I agree but the meter does lend itself to gauging one’s proficiently in the field in sites with loads of iron.

I could see myself when using Deus gradually progressing and yes I reached the Digging nonferrous targets yielding 00 and 01 in the meter.

Remember disc may be set above the numbers talked about here yet Deus will render these numbers (values) below disc setting on challenged nonferous targets being masked somewhat by ferrous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 11:52PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 17, 2019 01:30AM
what setting are you both using ? full tones, multi tones or pitch? any other settings would be helpful for us to try ourselves. coils? x35 ? frequency? lay it all out there for us please.
February 17, 2019 02:03AM
Im running a couple different programs, depending on how severe and size of the iron. I really like running pitch, or a 3 tone. All I want is a dig or no dig report. It's great for report iron relics too. 18 to 28 on frequency works great, really don't like the highest frequencies because of hitting on the tiny bits and peices. Don't like digging birdshot. All the deus coils work great in iron.
February 17, 2019 09:18AM
I haven't picked up any of my other detectors since moving to the Deus (maybe bar the Racer 2 with OOR coil), has the most descriptive tones of any detector I have used and is the perfect tool for old house sites. Despite fulltones/hot program being my favourite general search program, there is no denying on how good the pitch program is on thick iron. It simply manages to pull masked targets that are not even heard when using the hot program over the same patch of ground - definitely worth a go when you think your site has been depleted of good targets.
February 19, 2019 04:54PM
I've not yet became one with my Deus. I like mine a lot but I like it for a whole different reason than what it is probably known for. I've been hammering a spot on my property that has given up a bunch of flat buttons in the past. In fact, I was over there just prior to the Deus getting here, playing with the Nox and dug 4 more of them and some misc brass pieces. Thus far two trips over there with the Deus have not yielded any buttons or anything non ferrous at all. I keep hunting it different ways and with different settings, digging everything that doesn't iron grunt. Nothing has came up yet. In what is now my yard, an 1850s house and out buildings/barns used to sit but it was all burned and bulldozed during the mid to late 1980s. There's melted junk and all kind of iron scattered from one side of the field to the other. But over the years I have found some nice relics and a few coins intermingled with all the trash. Everything I have found with the Deus there so far has been junk and small things...and shallow. I can tell when the bigger items are shallow but some of the small stuff sounds deep to me, and I end up cutting a deep plug only to find it just under the grass roots of my plug.

But now for the reason why I like it. I find medium to larger iron with it and KNOW that it is iron before I dig. Some times I get in an iron digging mood and on machines like the Equinox and other recent machines, I couldn't tell whether I was over a big piece of iron or a small fence staple. It all sounds the same. In sites where I can find artillery shells/frags and such, this is gonna be GREAT! I like finding some iron relics...like those old collar irons, stirrups, etc. So I am delighted to have a machine I can do that with again.