Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Calabash a favor please since you are getting ORX detector

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Calabash a favor please since you are getting ORX detector
February 18, 2019 01:37AM
Please share with folks when you receive as far as the tone breaks go. Like what does a zinclon and copper penny sound like. Seems tone breaks are fixed (nonadjustable). Sweep some coins please and give feedback as far as low, medium or high tone. You might consider doing video and posting. I can’t find any worthy info on this subject.

Thanks David.

Btw a gent is asking about this here in this thread- another forum.
[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2019 01:40AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Calabash a favor please since you are getting ORX detector
February 18, 2019 02:37AM
I also look forward to a comparison between the orx, deus and Equinox on your test coins.
Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2019 08:37PM by Rick, N. MI.
February 18, 2019 03:35AM
I just want to know if the ID is any better than the Deus..
February 18, 2019 07:27AM
I bit the bullet and ordered a ORX also. I am getting the 9" round HF coil. If it and I bond I will probably also pick up a 9" X35 coil later in order to have the lower frequency available with it. I have tried the Nox 800 twice and a 600 once I haven't made no amazing finds with any of the Noxs I've used. But it may be there's no amazing finds left to be found. I'm a iron picker so I'm hoping the ORX may find me some more stuff that all of my previous detectors may have missed. I like the tones on the ORX and the lightness of it due to tendenitis in my elbows.
February 18, 2019 09:40AM
Just remember the deep stuff will sound off with 2 additional tones. Not a flaw but the secret to going deep. Grab and go detector at it's best. Please try an x35 coil at 8kHz if you have one. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2019 10:31PM by texkinzee.
February 19, 2019 06:04PM
I have used the ORX with the 9" coil a few hours. Considerably simpler and seems lighter since the they are using the Lite rods now. The only program I used was default 4, 14.4 khz with a few tweaks. I did well with 3 silvers (one an 1857) and impressed with how well it performs and how easy it is to use for a considerable time an not feel the aches in the arm or shoulder. While I like the 9" coil, for my hunting the 9" X35 will better suit my circumstances with the lower freq. For now, XP is not selling that configuration but possibly will in the future.
HH, Richard