Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Calabash....here is a test you may want to do.

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Calabash....here is a test you may want to do.
March 03, 2019 06:38PM
Calabash,

Have you ever tested out the Deus HF coil against the Nox 800 in single frequency, on it's highest , on some of your test garden targets ? Can't remember what the frequency ranges are on the HF coils you have/run, but is it possible to have the Deus and Nox run at close to the same ?

Wondering what the differences would be in terms of ID and tones.

I know the MF on the Nox is it's forte, but I am curious about single frequency mode.

Just a thought.

Since I have a Deus with the HF coil, and have that as a unit to use in the dry sand for gold jewelry hunting, was wondering if a Nox 800 in the gold mode would be similar. Wonder how the Nox in that mode would hit on that colonial gold relic you found.

No video needed. Your comments/thoughts would be good enough.

You may have already have done this and if so, I would be interested in your findings.
Re: Calabash....here is a test you may want to do.
March 04, 2019 12:56AM
He might have to bury some deeper targets for that test because the Nox in Gold mode will very likely hit every coin in his test area loud and clear..

I think it's a great idea.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 01:06AM by Badger in NH.
March 04, 2019 12:40PM
Would be an interesting comparison as there has been very little written about the Nox's capability in single frequency mode. Everyone usually defaults to multi-mode assuming it offers best results across the board.

And also how far off is its performance in single frequency mode vs the outgoing x-terra 705.

Does the Nox ID degrade substantially at depth in single over multi mode, one would guess that would be the case especially on mineralised ground. No secret that the Deus doesn't offer the best ID at depth, though the tones were always the strong point of the Deus.
March 04, 2019 02:29PM
Very good questions.
March 04, 2019 03:01PM
I have talked about using single freq and done some videos showing possible advantages.

A few here.
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

If I were looking for recently reported lost silver ring say in bleachers, carnival site. My hunt program would be use of 5khz single freq.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 03:05PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 04, 2019 04:09PM
As soon as the ground thaws, I really need to do some testing with 20 and 40 kHz in Park/Field modes around my cellar holes and see how they compare to the Gold Modes in the same situation.
March 04, 2019 04:46PM
I obviously haven’t and can’t subject EQX to all know scenarios. Neither can anyone else. I can say though with 100 % certainty I have located nonferrous targets (IDing after dug) where multi freq would hit well, single freq ops would not hit. Now if single freq ops would hit the 40khz ops would be odds on favorite and if it would it would not hit well yet give a clue. And Deus LF coils wouldn’t hit the targets either using 18khz all settings tried. And even some targets Deus and Hf coils wouldn’t hit sometimes in some freq bands.

Btw the sites where this above was witnessed was in a VERY hard hit (Multiple, Multiple times) Deus LF coil 9” and 11” coils hit site. And quite a bit of Deus Hf coil useage using 28.8khz- Ground mineralization in the sites deemed medium mineralized.

Btw the targets located using multi freq above, they were not surface nonferrous finds. Depth of the finds were in the 4”-8.5” depth range.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 04:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 04, 2019 04:49PM
Thanks tn...will take a look.

Just wanting to make a more informed decision as to whether to sell the Deus and get a Nox 800, based on my hunting style and needs.
March 04, 2019 05:07PM
So my take on Eqx cs Deus.
Heavier iron looking for nonferrous Deus imo better than Eqx. Overall.
Medium and lighter scattered iron Eqx improves and is very good.

Selective digging EQX 800 better than Deus.

Both like round.
Eqx likes irregular shaped targets better.

Deus and LF coils, are outgunned by Hf and x35 coils all detecting scenarios considered.

Hf coils themselves selective digging hard to do,
X35 Coil better than LF coil.

Emi and just audio given off when sweeping in general.
Deus LF coils will drive one crazy.
Hf coils better.
X35 coils, I tried 9” x35 I thought it was noiser than both 9” Hf coil and the elliptical.
The elliptical Hf coil is real quiet. Don’t expect much noise until you reach level 95+ sensitivty in rural environment.

Eqx will purr in rural environment at 23-24 sensitivity most times.

Any older site where nice finds have been had and has loads of iron and nails. Deus elliptical Hf coil is standout. I definitely wouldn’t say a site is purged (of detectable) until it has been used in such site.

EqX 800 experiences for me (all sites I have used where moderate to heavier quantities of ferrous existed.
Guess which sites where the hardest for EQX to indeed make nonferrous finds?
In sites where Deus LF (Using 18khz) and Hf coils had been used a lot.

I think this says something about Deus.

Ergo is better with Deus vs EQx and stock coil and I suspect larger coil.
Eqx with 6” coil feels real good,

Modern trash EQX better than Deus all coils. As long as Eqx owner has at least stock and 6” coil.

Good luck in your quest.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 05:13PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 04, 2019 05:14PM
TN is dead on with what he said..
March 04, 2019 05:48PM
Thanks Calabash,

Exactly the input/comments I was looking for.

I only have the round HF coil and won't be buying the other.

Pretty much sums it up for me, based on the hunting I do.

If I do get one, without a doubt will get the small coil

Gonna hit a field with the Deus and HF coil and see what transpires once this snow clears.

We have had more snow here in March than January and February combined....and it's only March 4th !!!