Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone know how I can get my hands on a DeepTech Vista Gold Gain operating manual.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone know how I can get my hands on a DeepTech Vista Gold Gain operating manual.
March 15, 2019 03:38PM
I saw a video that compared the Vista Gold to the Gold Bug II that impressed me. So I started looking and saw that the Vista Gold Gain is the new model AND it has both Gain and Sensitivity Settings. I'd like to see the operating manual but I can't find one on DeepTech to download. Can anyone point me toward one?

Thanks
Mike
Re: Anyone know how I can get my hands on a DeepTech Vista Gold Gain operating manual.
March 15, 2019 03:55PM
Mike, try asking on the DeepTech forum on findmall [www.findmall.com]. At least one DeepTech employee is on there and should be able to get you the manual.

-Ken
Thank you, Kitz
Mike
Hey Mike the gain is added to the Gain model..Hence the word Gain.

Pretty much its a regular Vista Gold but on 30Khz instead of 25Khz and added gain knob is the difference..Think of the gain as DIsc mode threshold setting on other units like a F70 or Coinstrike,,the more you apply the smaller the items it will see and can go deeper on fringe depth targets of any size but makes the small stuff stand out the best even at depth....can make things look bigger than they are to the machine in a relative way.

I run my gain and sens wide open usually unless Im in a old site that's beat hard and I want to get rid of some of that teeny tiny stuff like 22 hulls and 22 lead and foil etc that gets redeposited and want to make it scratchy or weak and ignore it.

Whats funny on the Gain is when cranked up it will dig some very large deep brass silver etc at crazy depths in iron even with the big Bulldog..Stuff most machines wont see.In iron.

People get caught up trying to unmask small stuff out of iron but forget there's big brass and silver in that iron at depth and walk all over it everyday..the Gain is very good at going deep ..its full report audio can allow that surface stuff to be heard but still allow that deep bigger stuff to be heard with a unique report in the background .Instead of the surface nails shutting down the filters in just reports them and the deep big brass silver etc at depth under the nails Deeep.The Gain is one of the most logic disobeying high freq units I've used...its very much a analog Deus.but has more nuanced audio to me.and ability to go deeper in iron .But its a old site machine unless you want to dig it all on say a yard etc..

For jewelry against a Gold bug 2 the DTVG has a definite appeal.but for prospecting smallest raw gold the GB2 would be better..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Keith.

It looks very attractive for micro jewelry. Definitely checking all my boxes at this point.

[*] Separate Gain and Sensitivity Controls in Disc mode.
    [*] Iron Disc Adjustment
    [*] Iron Volume
    [*] Boost Mode
    [*] Modulated and Descriptive two tone audio.
    [*] High Frequency

HH
Mike
Re: Anyone know how I can get my hands on a DeepTech Vista Gold Gain operating manual.
March 15, 2019 05:27PM
I bought one in a fit of enthusiasm last year, along with the small coil. Nice machine but I have too many. Let me know i you decide to get one, maybe we can make each other pleased!

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Sent you a PM, Rick.,
Mike
March 16, 2019 03:57PM
Mike,

I have one with the 11 inch and Super Six coil.

If you want to do the same try before you buy deal, let me know. I can ship it out to you just like I did with the Mojave.

It's a great unit. Found a sweet gold chain in the dry sand in a bunch of rusty nails last year with it using the Super Six coil.

John
March 19, 2019 12:42AM
Mike,
I have a PDF of the manual. PM me your email and I will send it.

I absolutely love my VGG. Nothing on vollyball sand court is safe from it. I have a new sand court going to hit in the next week or so. Have gotten 4 stud earrings, and have gotten 3 earring backers as well. Since it is a nice easy dial...when I find what is obviously a very small target, i make note of how high i need to move the disc until it switches to iron on 100% of the hits, then put it just under. You don't need the small coil to see the teeny items. The only reason to not use the big 11 pitbull coil is if you are going to be in trashy area.

I love using it on any old site, as well. On those, I have disc set a bit below where US $1 gold coin is clean high tone, and dig everything that pings high, or is a mix even if there is a high percentage of lows, if the high tones are crisp and repeatable. I have gotten more old, small cuff buttons in the past couple months with VGG than the rest of my detecting career combined with other detectors. Im looking at 11 cuff buttons and a cuff link on my desk from the past two months I am researching. The ones with iron shanks stood out with the nice high tones...regardless of the iron that was obviously present...it is so telling, i dont walk over them now.

The only thing I dont love about it....when I dig a deep hole out in a field...it will give signal over the large hole...not as crisp as the target if it is still in the hole, but can be a bit annoying at times. I am more likely to dig a plug in the field as deep as my shovel will go, the first time, to hopefully get the target in first try. I am hoping this year is a LITTLE drier, as I think the insane wet all year made it harder.

Actually made myself use F75 for a little yesterday in my yard, just to make sure I still remembered what things sound like with it.

PM me with other questions if you like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2019 12:48AM by Rod-PA.
Thanks for the information, Rod.

HH
Mike