Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F44 issue

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F44 issue
April 13, 2019 09:30PM
I don't have one of these but, our club member does. She wants me to look at it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hi Sven, I have that F44. I’ve used it 5 times and it just doesn’t lock onto a signal. I’ve tried every mode, I’ve fiddled with the sensitivity and I just can’t get it to work. I had Bruce try it out for a few minutes and he found the same problem as I did. I called Fisher and they say I can ship it to them in Texas to try it out but he assures me it’s probably customer error. I put a large cent on the ground. The machine I bought from you locked on. The Fisher F4 locked on it and a bounty hunter locked on. This F44 did not."

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: Fisher F44 issue
April 14, 2019 09:58AM
Never. One of the best in it's price range.
April 14, 2019 03:52PM
These must be Hot and Cold detectors as some rave about them and others have issues? I think Ole' Keith Southern had issues with one when they first came out?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2019 04:13PM by Harold,ILL..
April 14, 2019 06:00PM
User issue or broken detector/coil. I’m sure you will quickly figure out which.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 14, 2019 06:31PM
My F44 works perfectly. My suggestion would be to do a factory reset (page 15 in the manual) and then go into coin mode and pass a coin under the coil from 3 to 5 inches. If the F44 does not lock on the coin, then it needs to be sent in. The F44 is a very good detector.
April 14, 2019 09:03PM
Blind diagnosing is always dicey. I start checking connections, coil wire integrity and clean under coil cover - assuming it appears to power up ok...
Swap coils if possible then send it in if need be.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie