Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Return to the Western Frontier Stage Stop

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Return to the Western Frontier Stage Stop
April 23, 2019 05:40PM
Tom and I have detected this stage stop several times and were eager to return after our last trip there produced a rare $5 gold coin thumbs down

[youtu.be]

GL&HH,
Cal
Re: Return to the Western Frontier Stage Stop
April 23, 2019 06:39PM
Congrats on the dime Brian and thanks for showing the good and the bad. Can't always hit the jackpot. Did Tom come up empty? He is usually the top finder.

Thanks again, enjoyed the video.

El
April 23, 2019 06:49PM
Elbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congrats on the dime Brian and thanks for showing the good and the bad. Can't always hit the jackpot .

>Did Tom come up empty? He is usually the top finder.
>
> Thanks again, enjoyed the video.
>
> El

Thanks El. It was a fun trip, we never come home empty handed thumbs down

Tom used to be the top finder, but since getting the Mak/Nok machines and now the Equinox, that's not usually the case.....but I'll let Tom answer on his own behalf drinking smiley
April 23, 2019 07:31PM
Nice video,enjoyed watching it......that round thing with the slot in it was bugging me,it looks like one of those clips or waht ever you call them for holding brake shoes onto the backplate on cars,in the UK you find similar things on mainly older cars that use brake shoes rather than brake pads.....probably wrong but its only a suggestion of course.
April 23, 2019 07:46PM
Where was Tom's electrical tape at that is usually wraped around His hand? Ha!
Man You guys have the sites out west.
April 23, 2019 08:38PM
Nice find Brian.
Thanks for sharing.

Looks like the Cobra strikes again!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2019 08:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 23, 2019 08:48PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> Nice video,enjoyed watching it......that round thi
> ng with the slot in it was bugging me,it looks lik
> e one of those clips or waht ever you call them fo
> r holding brake shoes onto the backplate on cars,i
> n the UK you find similar things on mainly older c
> ars that use brake shoes rather than brake pads...
> ..probably wrong but its only a suggestion of cour
> se.

Yeah it looks like one of those brake pad keepers, but after I cleaned it up a little, we could see an eagle on the front, turns out someone took the front off a civil war era U.S. Eagle button, flattened it and made the rectangular slot.

It doesn't look like it was ever used as a keeper, so maybe their MacGyver job was a bust?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 03:27AM by Cal_cobra.
April 23, 2019 08:49PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Where was Tom's electrical tape at that is usually wraped around His hand? Ha!
> Man You guys have the sites out west.

It made an appearance towards the end of the trip thumbs down
April 23, 2019 08:50PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Nice find Brian.
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> Looks like the Cobra strikes again!!

Thanks for watching. It was a fun trip thumbs down
April 23, 2019 09:11PM
Enjoyed the video Brian and looks like a fun hunt. As a old (in more ways then one) coin hunter, loved the seated. smileys with beer HH jim tn
April 23, 2019 11:24PM
April 24, 2019 02:31AM
Well done video. As for "talking smack" about me: This is just an ongoing case of "little man syndrome". Tsk tsk. Just git yourself an Explorer II with the sunray probe, and ... you too can some day attain to stud-muffin status ! Muhahaha smoking smiley

Yes, you spanked me on coins @ this trip sad smiley We were both a little surprised at the meager amt. of coins from this back-pocket site of ours. Since, on past trips, we kept feeling like we'd "barely scratched the surface" of the available terra-firma to cover. By now, this site has given up a good 20 to 25 period coins, eh ? Ie.:1850s to 1900-ish era coins. So we both fully expected this trip to add to that growing total. Oh well, we gave it our best shot.

I had some excellent video from my go-pro. Of lots of in-situ digs, reveals, sounds, etc.... But alas: Nothing any different than the segments you got of me with your video camera. Just endless camp lead, rivots, slag, henries, etc......

Thanx for putting that together ! Good job.
April 24, 2019 03:28AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Enjoyed the video Brian and looks like a fun hunt.
> As a old (in more ways then one) coin hunter, loved the seated. smileys with beer HH jim tn

Thanks Jim, it's always a pleasure to dig one thumbs down
April 24, 2019 05:24AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Well done video. As for "talking smack" about me: This is just an ongoing case of "little man syndrome". Tsk tsk. Just git yourself an Explorer II with the sunray probe, and ... you too can some day attain to stud-muffin status ! Muhahaha smoking smiley
>
> Yes, you spanked me on coins @ this trip sad smiley We were both a little surprised at the meager amt. of coins from this back-pocket site of ours. Since, on past trips, we kept feeling like we'd "barely scratched the surface" of the available terra-firma to cover. By now, this site has given up a good
> 20 to 25 period coins, eh ? Ie.:1850s to 1900-ish era coins. So we both fully expected this trip to add to that growing total. Oh well, we gave it our best shot.
>
> I had some excellent video from my go-pro. Of lots of in-situ digs, reveals, sounds, etc.... But alas: Nothing any different than the segments you got of me with your video camera. Just endless camp lead, rivots, slag, henries, etc......>
> Thanx for putting that together ! Good job.

Yeah it was a fun trip, but I too was surprised we didn't get a few more coins, geesh. Time to dust off the books eh?
April 24, 2019 05:57AM
Nice vid guys. Congrats on the dime Brian thumbs down
April 24, 2019 04:09PM
Nice seated !!! Really like the date on it too!

Was that a Henry hull???Looked like a Spencer in the vid..

Too bad that Quartz arrowhead was broken almost glass like!When you picked it up that piece if glass in the drying mud right above it about a foot looked like a clay marble on the surface !

Good digs for sure.

Hate those shotgun hullsangry smiley they can read anywhere by brand of manufacture.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla