Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab pinpointer - made in Ireland

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab pinpointer - made in Ireland
May 11, 2019 03:47PM
Anybody got one? Does it say “made in Ireland” on the box?

Poking around on the subject of ML outsourcing design and stuff, this came up. Irish outfit, the page says the client is confidential, but the description sounded like ML was the client - then I looked at the URL and - lo and behold - Gentianservices screwed up and put minelab in the filename, so it ended up in the URL - lol

I wonder what “accessory” it is and if it is properly marked as made in Ireland? My money is on the pinpointer - 100% outsourced. What do you think?

Www.gentianservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/case study-minelab.pdf

[www.gentianservices.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 03:53PM by lytle78.
Re: Minelab pinpointer - made in Ireland
May 13, 2019 04:33PM
It'd be wonderful if you could turn your investigative powers into more recent and current matters..the "Vanquish" (pin pointers are old news)
May 13, 2019 04:58PM
No breadcrumbs lead there yet....

Rick Kempf
May 14, 2019 07:53PM
Don't have an older 'ProFind 25' box to hand but on the 2 other 'ProFind 35/15's boxes, it does say Made in Ireland.
People used espouse about 'E Trac's Made in Ireland' so I don't reckon it's a bad thing? The Luck of the Irish...Lol
May 14, 2019 07:59PM
I’m sure Irish companies can make pinpointers for metal detecting. I was mostly surprised that according to the Irish company’s website, Minelab basically said “here make a pinpointer that does this and that and costs so much, then walked away.

Rick Kempf