Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..
December 07, 2018 03:42AM
December 07, 2018 03:48AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's a thought, since your going out hunting tod
> ay why don't you take and learn how to use the Tej
> on since your such a serious relic hunter.

are you listening ol' cal?..pay attention!..you MIGHT learn something !

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 07, 2018 03:51AM
CAPTAIN TESORO TO THE RESCUE! Your comments are about as outdated as a Tesoro......cool smiley What did you say? click pop click pop I might be a masked dime or a nail but you will never know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 03:52AM by calabash digger.
December 07, 2018 04:29AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> CAPTAIN TESORO TO THE RESCUE! Your comments are a
> bout as outdated as a Tesoro......cool smiley What did you
> say? click pop click pop I might be a masked dim
> e or a nail but you will never know...

i never said that ol' cal!..ya gotta understand! if a hundred
people tell ya you are 'drunk" then ya better lie down! ..take the man's advice!.".learn" the tejon!,and THEN,you will finally understand!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 07, 2018 04:50AM
Yeah with all the great new detectors out there just what I want to do...learn a 1 tone dinosaur..... BTW IF I was gonna learn a analog machine it would be the VVG unit because Keith Southern himself said its the BEST unit in iron he has ever seen!

JT let me give you some advice pick up one of these high tech detectors and LEARN it and THEN you will know just how outdated those detectors are...I guess if all I ever used was a rotary phone I wouldn't know the difference either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 04:53AM by calabash digger.
December 07, 2018 05:04AM
December 07, 2018 08:04AM
A super tuned Vaquero can find you a lot of good stuff, that being said, I like using all of the afore mentioned machines, new and old. I haven't got to use the Anfibio yet but I will get one once they start hitting the used detector market. I have a few video's using Tesoro's on my youtube channel. It's been awhile since I used one. So many detectors and so little time. Trying to conquer the DFX right now.
December 07, 2018 11:19AM
But Calabash, according to your vast knowledge of Tesoro detectors the old man with the Tesoro that whipped the guys with the fancy pants digital machines should have been spending his day digging all iron.
December 07, 2018 12:16PM
well from what ive seen it looks as if the last 2 tesoro detectors he has used are defective.. the last one could not pick up a silver coin and this one needs disc ran up to foil to eliminate nails.. i used tesoro in the past and liked them. but the newer detectors do so much more and really there is no reason to go backwards.. if the guys here that are defending tesoro against calabash should look at the overall picture, calabash is not alone in his thoughts as tesoro is closing... so as i see both sides to this, obviously there are not enough of the tesoro users to back up the ones on here fighting for tesoro or they would not be going out of business.. calabash just says what alot of people are thinking.. you may not like it but all of the people that agree with him do not buy tesoro and look at their business...
December 07, 2018 12:55PM
One mans review is one mans review but here is a bunch of reviews from many people from many different places. [metaldetectorreviews.net]
December 07, 2018 01:27PM
Here you go Calabash.
Get this one and test it out for us.

[www.findmall.com]
December 07, 2018 01:30PM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> One mans review is one mans review but here is a b
> unch of reviews from many people from many differe
> nt places. [metaldetectorreviews.net]
> rs/34-1-tesorotejon.html

None of those reviews were enough to save the company so it really doesn't matter..
Re: Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..r
December 07, 2018 01:53PM
Imo FIrst Texas lowering their detector prices is one significant factor contributing to Tesoro demise. Metered vs non-metered. Folks see this as a no brainer. Pick the metered. Just no room price wise for Tesoro to exist really. They would have to sell their detectors for couple hundred bucks. No profit there by doing, surely. Mohave sales, I don’t think could keep them afloat.

Why did First Texas lower their prices ???

Seems a domino affect started for whatever reason.

Could Makro/Nokta and Minelab with EQX be factors ??

Look at the prices of the typically more expensive units on the used market.
Used market is gobbling up sales. Why buy Tejon, or cibola new when I can go buy Etrac used for what $600. And Used F75s can be had in the $400s loads of them.

Deus LF coils seems are a dime a dozen now.
Even used Deus lite used is cheap with LF coil. Imo this setup definitley better to have than any Tesoro.
Just telling the truth.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 02:06PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..r
December 07, 2018 02:07PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Imo FIrst Texas lowering their detector prices is
> one significant factor contributing to Tesoro demi
> se. Metered vs non-metered. Folks see this as a
> no brainer. Pick the metered. Just no room price
> wise for Tesoro to exist really. They would have
> to sell their detectors for couple hundred bucks.
> No profit there by doing, surely. Mohave sales, I
> don’t think could keep them afloat.
>
> Why did First Texas lower their prices ???
>
> Seems a domino affect started for whatever reason.
>
> Could Makro/Nokta and Minelab with EQX be factors
> ??
>
> Look at the prices of the typically more expensive
> units on the used market.
> Used market is gobbling up sales. Why buy Tejon,
> or cibola new when I can go buy Etrac used for wha
> t $600. And Used F75s can be had in the $400s loa
> ds of them.

This is really what I was talking about..buy a vaquero or f75. Or a nox. Putting new stickers on old tech just don't work.. if I need to own just 1 detector the nox 800 fits the bill..
December 08, 2018 12:03AM
Theres also he might of been high pocketing ya!!!LOL..just kidding but ya never know Ive seen alot in the fields.

I've hunted with more than a few guys who dont show you what they dig..there your best buddy but looking out for number 1

Of course when people come on me I sometimes only show one or two junk things and keep the better stuff behind..especially if I dont know ya.or care for you...Guy got so mad about what I had dug out a spot he worked on for a while... he got in my face and shoved me back ..you know where that lead to..although he dug a bunch of targets and good Reb stuff he got mad because I dug one piece..BUT IT WAS A KILLER PIECE..Too much for him to handle...Greedy type..

Had one guy pull a gun once,, I was hunting in his neck of the woods and he didnt like it..I backed out..it aint worth getting shot over something if a guys that unstable..I aint dying over a stupid move by someone.As I was leaving he said hey I just keep the gun for protection get in vehicle with me and Ill take you to a good site....I thought yeah I bet..take me on down this dirt road and shoot me and throw me in a well..I didnt say nothing just kept walking.

People are weird about Reb relics...the history the value the bragging of look what I found etc...can create alot of weird actions I've found over the years...Ive seen the police come out to sites before on big hunt's like construction site's with 30-40 people on it and dozen of them rolling around on the ground fighting over FINDS?????

No particular type either scammers to successful business guys the greed can be a drug..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 08, 2018 01:11AM
People are that way about everything!! Relics, fish, deer, you name it.

Up here, during the late summer thru fall, the striped bass/rockfish start schooling into big schools and will corral shad into the bays and go to busting them on top. It is super fun to look out there and see a school of over 100 fish, all over 15 pounds busting everything on top. They are really fun to catch, but that in itself is a problem because EVERYBODY wants in on it. They are super spooky fish...any kind of boat traffic will make them go down and once they go down, they are hard to catch. So what happens is...when people see them breaking on top, they will fire their boats up and run right up close to them and get in on the action. Then come the greedy ones...who will not stop back aways from them...but instead will drive their boat right on top of them...thus spooking them all off to where nobody can catch them. I've seen grown men get into it out on the boats because of that.

I just got back (as in like 3 hours ago) from Pensacola Bay, Florida. I took my dad on a surprise birthday trip to target the big bull redfish run. It is similar to the striped bass run above...except all those fisherman and guides work together. They will go out in different directions in the bay....then when one of them sees the fish, they will all call one another and tell them where the fish are so everyone can catch fish. They all give one another room and work together. Hundreds of redfish 20-30 lbs is awesome...but people working together and not fighting was even better. I did take the Equinox with me to the beach for about 15 mins. We stayed in a condo in Perdido Bay and I took the machine out there with the 15 inch coil. Something was terribly wrong though...I had never stayed that far East before...I usually stay in Orange Beach, AL but the Perdido Bay was closer to where we were fishing out of. The beach had several feet of sand piled up on it. I assume they had refilled the beach or something. I hunted it long enough to tell that there was nothing there...not even trash, so I assume all of it was buried under feet of sand. I got one lonesome signal out there and it was a weak 16. 8 scoops later from my Stealth scoop, I had it out and it was a 3/4 oz fishing sinker. In the pathway between the condos to the beach, I hit an area that had not been filled with sand and got into some targets there. Dug a plated open back earring and half of a Victoria's Secret pin or logo thing...it just said Victoria's...she must have kept the Secret part cause I didn't find it. haha.

Relics and coins are bad for people getting jealous and or fighting over....but I've seen more friendships ended and backstabbing over the sites themselves than over the actual relics. Especially when somebody sneaks back to a site that someone took them to. That's been my biggest trouble over the years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 01:24AM by Daniel Tn.
December 08, 2018 01:19AM
I have been back stabbed a few times and only hunt with a select few now.
December 08, 2018 05:38AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah with all the great new detectors out there ju
> st what I want to do...learn a 1 tone dinosaur....
> . BTW IF I was gonna learn a analog machine it wou
> ld be the VVG unit because Keith Southern himself
> said its the BEST unit in iron he has ever seen!
>
> JT let me give you some advice pick up one of thes
> e high tech detectors and LEARN it and THEN you wi
> ll know just how outdated those detectors are...I
> guess if all I ever used was a rotary phone I woul
> dn't know the difference either.

sure! ol' cal!..send me the money and i'll buy it on your dime!
don't need the latest and greatest,because i do just fine with my little tesoro "mojave!"tons of fun,and finds good sh*t too! you own a seafood restaurant!..i think you been samplin' too much of your product.ya guts to be careful about "mercury" consumption ol' cal!..it will play with ya noodle! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 05:40AM by jmaryt.
December 08, 2018 01:29PM
Yeah I could see where running around in a old trashy yard with a one tone detector digging every thing that beeps would be a blast.....eye rolling smiley
December 08, 2018 02:28PM
If you spent a little time.... ahh screw it. Yup, we dig everything that beeps. You're right,as always.eye rolling smiley
December 08, 2018 02:35PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah I could see where running around in a old tra
> shy yard with a one tone detector digging every th
> ing that beeps would be a blast.....eye rolling smiley

LMAO!!! Right or wrong people you have to love the sarcasm!
December 08, 2018 11:53PM
i been at this for over 35 years ol' cal!..i had some excellent tone and id detectors,but i prefer to hunt with a "tesoro!" i find it keeping me in the hobby because i 'like" the challenge of interpreting the various audio responses.it really keeps me interested and concentrating on what i am doing.i feel rewarded,when i make a good find,and to be honest,it's all i really care about.the 'anticipation" is what keeps me "hot after it" i love the "song" the mojave sings to me!..an absolute blast
hunting curb strips,and totters! i DO find my share,and have fun too!..what it is all about!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 09, 2018 12:05AM
heartfelt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2018 12:06AM by calabash digger.
December 09, 2018 04:25AM
i seen it already ol'cal'i got the distinct impression
it was a "moment of weakness" for you.at a very minimum,you should be commended for the effort.perhaps,in the future though, you might want to reconsider a second attempt.i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 11, 2018 05:43AM
Let this Tesoro tirade go, it is a pointless exercise CD,
Listen and absorb what a healthy percentage of your peers are saying:
OK you don't like Tesoro detectors, well, people all have there own opinions, likes, dislikes, political bent, religion, choice of vehicle, choice of make & model, preference in women, (or men?) blonde, brunette or redhead, skinny or curvy, hunting preference relic hunting, coin shooting, beach, shallow water, diving, cache hunting, prospecting and so on, (forever amen).
Just bear in mind: Ain't a one of them are wrong.
Use what you choose, show us your live digs, (your best videos in my opinion, like the reveal and excitement), & keep sharing the useful general information, be happy every day live, love, & laugh, & let others do the same.
When you hit it big on a hunt we don't care if you were using a Deus or Equinox, or Anfibio, we just feel happy for ya.
If people dig a keeper who really cares what machine they were using when they found it?
Share the enjoyment in the hobby & remember, this life is short, a jape, a jest, eternal rest.
Have some fun, and don't rain on other's parade.
All the best,
Drew.
December 13, 2018 11:05PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> CAPTAIN TESORO TO THE RESCUE! Your comments are a
> bout as outdated as a Tesoro......cool smiley What did you
> say? click pop click pop I might be a masked dim
> e or a nail but you will never know...

Cal, you've not detected long enough to decipher that click pop language? As far as click pop you're a newbie.
C'mon man. Some of us started out with BFO or Heathkit detectors. We've paid our dues and we know what we're doing! Near five decades digging here and still use Nautilus, Troy X5, Tesoro, and yes, I do own a Nox..
Lighten up a bit on us veterans!

Geo

Almost forgot, most can locate an old plantation or home site while sitting in the truck..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2018 11:11PM by GeoW.
December 14, 2018 01:55AM
I hear guys crying about not having sites all the time... They are those guys that try to locate sites sitting in the truck...lol BOOTS ON THE GROUND no substitute! VETERANS, PEERS, I respect you guys BUT just cause yhall so its so dont make it so...…. I hunt sites where all the Ole timers blistered for years and some of my best finds have come from those sites... Some of them must have slipped on the click pop click pop signals....smoking smiley My mentor has been doing this for thirty years and has a collection I would put up against any ones and he said that troy shadow he bought was the sorriest detector he ever had..... I will take his word for it.....
hot smiley Found this just today on such a site.... click pop
December 14, 2018 04:30AM
Nice find.

Rick
December 14, 2018 11:40AM
Just thought I’d mention that only the Troy X2 was made by Tesoro, the X3 and X5 were made by Fisher Labs and (imho) vastly different detectors. Having said that, technology is pretty much passed them by. But I sure did find a lot of nice finds with my X3 and X5. Built like a tank too.
December 14, 2018 12:22PM
Yeah I killed a ton of deer with my Marlin 30/30 when I was a kid too. If I deer hunted today no way I would be using that gun as I have seen what tech has done to the gun market and how far it has come for hunting rifles. My buddy bought his kid some kind of fancy rifle and the boy shot his first deer at 350 yds with it ..and it will shoot out to 400 or 500 yrds with no problem//// 30/30 I had a 150 yrds max on a perfect day...

30/30 probably has killed as many or more deer than any rifle in history and it holds a special place in my heart but time as has passed it by just like many of the detectors of old....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2018 12:24PM by calabash digger.