Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox 6 inch coil - perfect iron bias

Posted by DiggaMke 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox 6 inch coil - perfect iron bias
August 29, 2019 10:02AM
Hi All
My first post, so go easy on me lol
I just got my 6 inch coil for my Nox 600.
I usually run iron bias at 1 on the beach with the 11 inch coil.
Do I keep I/B at 1 for the 6 inch coil or increase the I/B to 3 to allow the 6 inch coil to do the separation, seeing it has better separation qualities than the 11 inch coil? Thanks
Re: Equinox 6 inch coil - perfect iron bias
August 29, 2019 02:07PM
Most keep Iron Bias at 0.
August 29, 2019 04:09PM
DiggaMke, do you mostly hunt beaches?

What I would do is: take a sample of whatever it is you are searching for (mostly) and go onto [ semi wet ] sand (what's called the Transition area - where its not wet but has dried out enough after the tide receded) and dig an exploratory hole - make a slit into the side wall and push the 'target' into the space a few inches in.
Mark the spot somehow and refill the hole and then spend 15-20 mins or so scanning across the target making many adjustments to SENS, DISC, Iron Bias, Recovery etc and find "what you determine is best for you there?"
August 29, 2019 04:20PM
Rick, I have seen some posts with the guys using 0 iron bias and the theory behind it.

Des, I only hunt beaches, which are not highly mineralized, but the one spot that holds the gold is heavily iron infested, which is why everyone gives it a miss.
I will give your advice a try hopefully this evening or the weekend.
August 29, 2019 04:53PM
6" coil on the beach would drive me nuts.
11" coil minimum for me.
I dig everything on the beach.
August 29, 2019 05:46PM
Yes 11" coil is great in iron too.