Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

deus finds 50k hoard of silver coins

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
deus finds 50k hoard of silver coins
September 26, 2019 10:30AM
Re: deus finds 50k hoard of silver coins
September 26, 2019 11:19AM
In this forum header it mentions it being found by a Deus,but in the article image it is showing him using a Equinox,i always chuckle when i read these types of news media articles especially the some times crazy high valuations athat are put on these hoards,some do achieve some decent valuations but many or for the most part never achieve any of these figures.

Of course its a stunning find and good luck to both the finder and land owner/s.
September 26, 2019 11:47AM
Great find. Digging something like that would be unreal. I have an Equinox......Deus over and under so I'm covered. confused smiley
September 26, 2019 12:13PM
I must not have my detectors trained the right way. They don't find anything unless I take them some place and operate them. On their own, they just stay propped up in their holder in my spare bedroom.
September 26, 2019 12:42PM
They were found in 2017, when he probably DID use a Deus. He's since changed machines to the Eqx, one of many, I'm sure.

That 50K valuation is pretty realistic, I think. Those coins are in fantastic condition, 500 GB Pounds each is achievable.
September 26, 2019 03:42PM
I am really envious of those Brit's digging up coinage from medieval times and older, I get all happy jack when I pull a coin from the 1800's, I would like to go to Europe some day but I hate flying and I get sea sick in a boat so I guess I will just have to watch other fella's dig them up on youtube.
September 26, 2019 07:09PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must not have my detectors trained the right way
> . They don't find anything unless I take them som
> e place and operate them. On their own, they just
> stay propped up in their holder in my spare bedroo
> m.

Ha ha ha how true, that's the funniest comment I have ever seen on this subject. My Deus is lazy too...

Quote from the article: "[...]my Deus detector gave off a strong signal[...]"

That means, if he had the cheapest (but well trained) Garrett model, it would probably find it too...