Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci MDT-8000

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci MDT-8000
October 04, 2019 01:10PM
After speaking with Dimitar, I've had a change of heart. I've decided to keep the machine and put it through its paces in Texas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 01:47AM by Dan(NM).
Re: FS...Tarsacci MDT-8000
October 05, 2019 12:43AM
Dan...… just curious. Did the EQX do better in your specific inland alkali-salt (w/minerals).... over the MDT?
October 05, 2019 01:26AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan...… just curious. Did the EQX do better in your specific inland alkali-salt (w/minerals).... over the MDT?

I'd be curious to know that as well.

I have a couple of tough alkali-salt sites that are tough to detect with a single freq VLF detector. First time I took the EQ800 to my toughest alkali-salt site, it hunted terribly in Field2, lots of noise, scratchy iffy signal, really tough to detect. I switched over to Beach mode (cannot recall if it was B1 or B2) and it ran great, although the 5 tone default audio setting didn't do it any favors (easily rectified by changing to 50 tones!). In beach mode this site came alive, whereas before not only was depth limited, but targets would come in as scratchy, tough signals you'd really have to play with to get to come in, unless they were right on the surface.
October 05, 2019 01:34AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Dan...… just curious. Did the EQX do better in you
> r specific inland alkali-salt (w/minerals).... ove
> r the MDT?

No it didn't actually. I ran it in disc mode, 9 khz, black sand on, salt on 27, threshold at -1, sens at 7, disc out to -15 I used it in a area that I had hunted 3 times with the Nox and twice with the CTX. I was amazed at how smooth it was compared to the Nox at the particular spot. I don't mean EMI, I mean ground noise. There was no doubt when I hit a non-ferrous target and it locked on better to the percussion caps and small lead balls than I expected.

I ran the Nox in Park 1, 0 iron bias, recovery 3, no disc, sens at 23 and 2 tones. I dug everything from +8 on the Nox. I really had to massage the signals the last time I used the 800, it was bitter sweet news on the transfer because I was really looking forward to learning the 8000 at this place. I will have 1 more shot this coming Sunday to log a few more hours on it.

Needless to say It was a very pleasant surprise and treat to speak with Dimitar today. I know the picture doesn't look like much, but finding that much in small area told me alot smiling smiley

October 05, 2019 11:44AM
This is exactly the kind of data we need..... to 'better-the-breed'. Technologically advance.
Yes..... your EQX settings were very good. Also...…. in any form of alkali...… you can not run the EQX in any of the Mode-2's..... nor either Prospecting Mode. (This is one of the reasons 'why' the Mode-1's exist).

IF you have a chance (and the time)…….. find a deep/fringe target with the MDT...…. and test Black Sand: "on"..... then "off".

(((More folks are really starting to discover the Tarsacci))).
October 05, 2019 01:01PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> This is exactly the kind of data we need..... to '
> better-the-breed'. Technologically advance.
> Yes..... your EQX settings were very good. Also...
> …. in any form of alkali...… you can not run the E
> QX in any of the Mode-2's..... nor either Prospect
> ing Mode. (This is one of the reasons 'why' the Mo
> de-1's exist).
>
> IF you have a chance (and the time)…….. find a dee
> p/fringe target with the MDT...…. and test Black S
> and: "on"..... then "off".
>
> (((More folks are really starting to discover the
> Tars

Tom,

Can you explain what happens to the machine when the black sand mode is engaged vs disabled. That would help me understand when to use it or not, thank you. I will test it tomorrow if the situation arises.
October 05, 2019 08:54PM
Sure. Without giving away IP data...……. (((one of the things))) you are changing a phase-shift angle...… to better handle certain bad dirt. I'd like to say: black sand; yet, there are plenty of other types of dirt.... that this "Black Sand" Mode has attributes in. What happens in Black Sand Mode is...… better 'seeing' of bad dirt; subsequently, better cancellation of this bad dirt...… so metallic targets 'stand-out'...… from the dirt.

Clear as mud?!!!
October 05, 2019 09:18PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Sure. Without giving away IP data...……. (((one of
> the things))) you are changing a phase-shift angle
> ...… to better handle certain bad dirt. I'd like t
> o say: black sand; yet, there are plenty of other
> types of dirt.... that this "Black Sand" Mode has
> attributes in. What happens in Black Sand Mode is.
> ..… better 'seeing' of bad dirt; subsequently, bet
> ter cancellation of this bad dirt...… so metallic
> targets 'stand-out'...… from the dirt.
>
> Clear as mud?!!!

Thank you Tom for the explanation. I'm going to assume that the Equinox Beach mode operates on the same principle?
October 06, 2019 01:46AM
(((No...… there's actually some additional differences. I just can not share))).
October 06, 2019 01:47AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> (((No...… there's actually some additional differe
> nces. I just can not share))).

No problem Tom, thanks again.