Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

EQUINOX 800 VS XP DEUS REVIEW

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
EQUINOX 800 VS XP DEUS REVIEW
November 24, 2019 04:10PM
My thoughts on both detectors..xp equinox
Re: EQUINOX 800 VS XP DEUS REVIEW
November 24, 2019 04:53PM
After using the nox the sparky deus sounds are too much for me hunting in the wild. MHO is that if Minelab would make a larger selection of 8 or 9 inch coils they would dominate the market. The Vanquish offers an eight inch coil but doesn't have the same ability to tweak the sounds as the nox
Re: EQUINOX 800 VS XP DEUS REVIEW
November 25, 2019 04:04PM
I find myself using the Equinox more these days vs the Deus. I usually grab the Equinox when I get on a new site but if there's lots of iron I move to the Dues with the 9" HF coil. I can just move through the iron quicker and know what the Deus is saying (dig vs don't dig) the Equinox is good in iron but it just takes more target evaluation time IMO to make a dig vs don't dig decision. The other reason I use the Equinox more is that it's clearly deeper in my moderately mineralized soil than other machines I use except a PI. Dimes become real iffy signals at about 6 inches in my soil. Large targets like coat buttons and bullets become iffy signals at 8 inches with a VLF.