Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another cool wedding ring recovery -- this time by one of our own (cuniagau)

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another cool wedding ring recovery -- this time by one of our own (cuniagau)
December 18, 2019 07:18PM
Here's another good story, about a pretty amazing ring recovery. A good friend and former hunting buddy, who has since retired and moved to California (he posts here occasionally as "cuniagau") is the "Tracker Joe" referred to in the article!

[stunewslaguna.com]

Steve
Re: Another cool wedding ring recovery -- this time by one of our own (cuniagau)
December 18, 2019 07:24PM
Cool story. I hope he got a reward.
Re: Another cool wedding ring recovery -- this time by one of our own (cuniagau)
December 18, 2019 11:55PM
SteveG, thanx for posting the link. Love those "md'r saves-the-day reunion" stories. thumbs down
December 19, 2019 08:56PM
Nice story.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks to Steveg for posting this story...
December 19, 2019 11:07PM
Thanks Steve for posting this link. I think it is interesting to see the general public's viewpoint of a CR (catch and release), in this case a an heirloom wedding ring. What is really cool is how my detecting family (you all being a part of it), embraces the return to it's owner and how good you feel to see this happen. And "yes" I did receive a "reward", actually two of them. One was monetary and the other was the joy I gave to this family. I got to see there excitement in the return of this ring when I gave it back to Lianne (the mother) and she sent me a video clip of Will when his wife handed it to him in a ring box. That was some of the joy that you didn't get to see in the article. My personal joy of being approached by Lianne with the story in the beginning and then the researching of when, how, where it was lost. To what the tide was that day and when the next low tide would be low enough for me to attempt to find it. So I really had more personal satisfaction because of the prep time that I put into the recovery. I spent several hours of prep and only about an hour really swinging the detector. We so very seldom ever get to return an ocean find. So this one was really special to me. And I have a whole family of new friends!!!

Joe
AKA cuniagau, AKA TrackerJoe

PS I have to add one thing. The whole time I was detecting for this ring, I was thinking, "Boy I wish I had that new Fisher Impulse AQ"!!!

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2019 02:24AM by Cuniagau.
Re: Thanks to Steveg for posting this story...
December 20, 2019 12:52AM
Cuniagau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .... I have a whole family of new friends!!!
>

Nice followup .
Re: Thanks to Steveg for posting this story...
December 20, 2019 01:21AM
Joe......... Commendable!

((( Dollars cannot trump: heart )))
December 20, 2019 09:10AM
In a world where everyone was honest, that return would have been the norm along with a 'thank you'. In today's world. it's over and above...well done sir.