Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like member here Abenson’s video on Minelab Vanquish 540 at the great salt lake

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 02:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Looks like member here Abenson’s video on Minelab Vanquish 540 at the great salt lake
January 08, 2020 03:07PM
Very good video capture. (((Starting to appreciate the 11" coil & electronics of the EQX? !!!)))
Andrew...… how does the MDT do on your test-garden 6" deep dime? Yes...…. your dirt is bad!
I am SO glad that the rest of the World is not as wet-salt salty...… as your Salt Lake! WOW!!! (But...… the VNQ did fairly well there..... as far as 'stability'. But: Uncertain about detection depth of a Nickel though...… in that high-salt concentrate area).
Tom-Yes the 11" Equinox coil is amazing at it's ability in separating adjacent targets.....So after reading the Tarsacci thread and your comment about the Equinox coil....I understand why the Vanquish is unable to perform like the Equinox.....Even with Multi-IQ
The MDT has no issue with the 6" dime in my test garden.
The Vanquish at the Great Salt Lake ran very quiet.....unlike the Equinox which is always chirping even in Beach 2 with sensitivity set at 14 or below......But, the Vanquish doesn't have the depth of the Equinox........So stability comes at a cost.....I did compare targets in the wild between the Vanquish and the Equinox 70% were out of reach of the Vanquish........My guess is roughly 6-7" on a nickel for the Vanquish.....I dug about about 4 coins in the 10" range which the Vanquish couldn't see...1 was a nickel....other junk items I dug the Vanquish was were less than 7" deep
But I will say that the Vanquish 540 is by far, IMO............the best machine you can buy when comparing it to other units in the same price range.......What other machine can you buy for $369 that you can use coin hunting, relic hunting and salt water beach hunting that gives above par performance.....I can't think of any......Some may excel in one of those areas, but not all 3
Re: Looks like member here Abenson’s video on Minelab Vanquish 540 at the great salt lake
January 09, 2020 02:04AM
Andrew...….. thanks for the (very good/correct) response. Yes...… as time progresses …… you will find yourself gravitating much more towards the EQX 11" coil. Although not perfect; yet, stunning performer ….. especially in trashy areas. Narrow/tight coil 'wiggles' can really produce ….. with the EQX and 11" coil. If I produced a 6" coil for you.... that's for the MDT..... you would find the same resultant as the EQX smaller coil. The only difference would be: The EQX ID's your 5" dime very well (and with good repeatability) with the 11" coil. The MDT should go approx. 60% greater depth (compared to your 5" dime)…… with good ID/repeatability. 5" + 3" would be (approximately) a 8" deep dime. . . . . . . if I am understanding your soil matrix properly. The MDT is the real-deal. It is interesting seeing/witnessing more hard-evidence coming in from different folks (in different mineralization areas) whereby...…. the MDT (in bad dirt) is indeed performing somewhere well above any VLF IB SMF...…… and below (specifically) the GPX. Once again: in bad dirt. (Not quite Culpeper).

You can also see: The VNQ coil is a bit different from the EQX coil. (Not referring to size; yet/rather..... in final performance resultant). VNQ is a very good inexpensive SMF...…. in M-IQ clothing.