Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sharing some tidbits on various detectors...Gold Kruzer, Impact, V3

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sharing some tidbits on various detectors...Gold Kruzer, Impact, V3
January 15, 2020 05:01PM
On the Gold Kruzer, the Boost mode is really the Micro Jewelry mode and you don't want your disc any higher than 25. The Micro mode is turning out to be more of a general purpose tone id mode (as much as any 61 kHz unit can be a general purpose unit). In Boost my tiny jewelry count is up although it is still mostly stainless, although I find the target size promising and the 5x10 DD coil is working better than the 6x10 concentric. I haven't really put the little 4x7 coil into play yet.

The Impact's Notch feature with the adjustable tone pitch feature is very useful as it gives an extra tone window in any of the programs that allow you to use it (COG, DI2, DI3, DI4, Deep, VLX3, VLX4.) It is easy to place and set the notch window (windows) and adjust the notch window tone. I really like it in Deep mode as it lets me combine VCO and non-VCO tone segments.

I am finding the V3 operating really sweet at very high disc sensitivity setting with low RX Gains. I basically start with a RX Gain of 1 and a Disc sensitivity at 97 and then raise my RX Gain until it starts to chatter then turn it down until stable. Recovery Speed of 30 works pretty good. Modulation setting affects the analysis screen. Modulation off results in smearing analysis screens on deep targets. Modulation ON cleans up the smearing.

HH
Mike
Re: Sharing some tidbits on various detectors...Gold Kruzer, Impact, V3
January 15, 2020 08:08PM
Just in indoor tests and a bucket of sand I find the 9.5x5 dd coil to be the better also. On the white gold earring in an air test the 9.5x5 dd coil is hitting better than the 7.5x5 dd coil which is odd.

Now just can't wait till spring.