Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thankyou tnsharpshooter

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thankyou tnsharpshooter
January 17, 2020 04:21PM
Just wanted to say thanks for making the Etrac video's you did, I have had 2 Etracs over the last few years at different times and I never could figure out how to avoid digging a ton of nails with them, after a lot of frustration I ended up selling them. But after watching your video's and seeing some of the nuances of the machine I feel I can get a handle on it, I have another Etrac coming this weekend.I also have Sabisch's book as well but I had that before, It is just good to see things on video. Thanks and feel free to make some more smiling smiley
Re: Thankyou tnsharpshooter
January 17, 2020 05:51PM
Well done TNSS
Well said 'coinspader

Yup... they'll have to 'prise my E Trac', from my cold hands!

It was 'a difficult' birthing process (prototype running) and its potential was seen right away so I used it on many of my 'good sites' and made some lovely finds.

In contrast, 'CTX', birthing was much more difficult and didn't sit well with me and that's why I no longer use one preferring instead to work an 'E Trac' that's less of a mind game to use but performs exactly as the CTX but, the 'caveat' for me is I don't get back to the truck and put away the detector wondering if I chose 'the right settings!'
E Trac is more intuitive in a comforting way.

S'funny but that's also my reasoning for selling my 'Equinox'

But... I think I'm gonna like my "Vanquish"... that's if one ever is For Sale in my neck of the woods!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2020 05:53PM by Des D.
January 17, 2020 05:59PM
coinspader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to say thanks for making the Etrac vid
> eo's you did, I have had 2 Etracs over the last fe
> w years at different times and I never could figur
> e out how to avoid digging a ton of nails with the
> m, after a lot of frustration I ended up selling t
> hem. But after watching your video's and seeing so
> me of the nuances of the machine I feel I can get
> a handle on it, I have another Etrac coming this w
> eekend.I also have Sabisch's book as well but I ha
> d that before, It is just good to see things on vi
> deo. Thanks and feel free to make some more smiling smiley

You are welcome.
Looking back really it was earthmansurfer who posted most videos about Etrac here.
I still consider it a good weapon for coins especially mid and higher conductors, high conductors in and around iron especially. The cursor behavior along with tones KEY to push unit to it’s limits in both depth and finding good stuff near ferrous.
It is my opinion if one’s soil is not overly mineralized using neutral ground selection vs difficult ground just might yield tad more depth.
Really the 2 worst things with Etrac imo are weight and the ability to see the screen actually with glare being a big problem.
January 17, 2020 07:13PM
Yea the eTrac is a better relic hunter in iron than most people think, especially for mid and high conductors. Weight is the biggest reason I don't use mine more.
January 17, 2020 08:34PM
Yes... Correctemundo...the weight...biggest drawback!
For years, I watched some of our 'older' Customers struggle with their heavy 'Explorer's' onto 'E Trac' and eventually onto the 'Deus' because in the lifetime of the Product', they aged as well! Even had a 'young woman' "apologise" to me as she hid from view behind a Dealer's trade stand after trading her 'E Trac' for a 'Deus'
"It's the weight Des... I'm so sorry!"
Why I'm looking forward to the "Vanquish"
I said it before on this Forum, "I like a detector where the viewing screen sits on my hand!"