Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Water machines?

Posted by Alton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Water machines?
May 17, 2007 06:01PM
Tom I realize that this is the "inland coin and relic" site. I was wondering if there might someday be a site for water machines.

I am currently using a Excalibur and struggling with the decision of which PI detector to buy. I'm leaning toward the Infinium LS as it seems like it might not only be a good water detector, but also be a good addition to local relic hunting. I've had plenty of experience land hunting, but I'm still new to water detecting, especially saltwater.

I'm also reluctant to get anything now as I understand Fisher will be coming out with new water units before too long. It would seem that Minelab and others would also be about due to release new water units too. Do you have any recommendations or reservations about current PI units for the water?

Thanks,
Alton
Re: Water machines?
May 18, 2007 12:38AM
Alton,

I STRONGLY recommend TRYING someones PI machine BEFORE you commit! You will be surprised as to how much iron trash you will recover..... which may deter you from wanting to truly owning one. I've cycled through several..... and still prefer a ID capable machine for the beach.

Fisher is heavily looking into a new beach unit.... but no commital yet.

Tom
May 19, 2007 03:07AM
Tom,
As long as were talking water detectors my club is doing another detector giveaway and one of the water machines in the price range is Detector Pro Diver. I have never used one and know very little about them. Would there be a better choice in the $650 to $850 range
Wally
May 19, 2007 10:33PM
Hi Wally,

A CZ-3D or Minelab Sov in a Shower Cap cover..... if underwater ops are not a requirement. Otherwise..... there really is not much of a selection (performance wise) in that price range.

Tom