Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites coinmaster gt

Posted by Brian Rowland 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites coinmaster gt
January 26, 2020 01:54PM
I have a whites coinmaster gt that I believe has a bad coil, The slightest movement of the wire at the coil gives a tone, I was wondering if a coinmaster coil will work on a gt, I'm having trouble finding a coil for the gt, but found a used coinmaster for $60.00 and I believe a new coil for the gt will cost about $140.00, any input will be appreciated
Re: Whites coinmaster gt
January 27, 2020 05:19AM
The Coin GT uses the same coil as the (new) Coinmaster and Prizm series. But not the Coinmasters from the 70s-80s.
January 27, 2020 10:36AM
Brian Rowland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a whites coinmaster gt that I believe has a
> bad coil, The slightest movement of the wire at th
> e coil gives a tone, I was wondering if a coinmast
> er coil will work on a gt, I'm having trouble find
> ing a coil for the gt, but found a used coinmaster
> for $60.00 and I believe a new coil for the gt wil
> l cost about $140.00, any input will be appreciate
> d

A lot of people have the coil wire at the coil to tight around the lower rod and stem. If the wire is too tight and the coil tilted too far one way or the other, the wire gets stretched and can result in some wire damage.

Loosen up the strain relief connector nut at the coil, slide it up and see if there is an wire tearing on the outer insulation jacket of the cable.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 28, 2020 02:36AM
Thank you for the info, it was a big help, I ordered the 9.5" whites that fits coinmaster and prizm, 58.00, thanks again
January 28, 2020 02:41AM
Thanks for heads up, it was pretty tight, didn't see any splits but it could have pulled something inside, ordered another coil, I'll pay attention to the tightness this time, thanks again
January 28, 2020 02:46AM
Thanks for the heads up, it was pretty tight, I didn't see any rips but maybe tight enough to do damage inside the coil, order another coil, I will pay better attention this time, thank again