Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anybody bought direct off of the Teknetics website?

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has anybody bought direct off of the Teknetics website?
January 29, 2020 09:35PM
I'm planning on buying another Omega 8500 but want to make sure I get a unit from the latest greatest mfg run. Has anyone on here bought from direct from the Tek website? If so, what were your mfg date codes? Did you get unit date codes that were, say, within 6 months of the order date?

Thanks,
Mike
Re: Has anybody bought direct off of the Teknetics website?
January 29, 2020 11:14PM
I’m checking with FTP - hope to have info for you tomorrow.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 30, 2020 12:48AM
If you buydirect from the manufacture you will be paying full retail, if you buy from a dealer you have a better chance of getting a bit of a price break.
January 30, 2020 02:34PM
Hi Choppadude,

Times have changed for some brands and models. Tek direct....look at the website.

I went on the Teknetics website yesterday and sent them an email asking the same question. I got a reply back same day that answered my question. Current batch of Omega 8500's on hand were made in November and are only 3 months old. Perfect.

HH
Mike
January 30, 2020 02:37PM
choppadude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you buydirect from the manufacture you will be
> paying full retail, if you buy from a dealer you h
> ave a better chance of getting a bit of a price br
> eak.

Unless something changed, I thought you couldn't buy Teknetics direct from a dealer anymore. Most you can do is get a discount code from your dealer to plug in their website when ordering. At least it was that way when I purchased a Patriot a couple of years ago.

To answer the OP's question, the Patriot I got direct was within a couple months of production. That doesn't mean they all will be, especially with something that I assume doesn't move as much like the 8500. You could always ring them up and ask them to pick a recent unit for you, their customer service is top notch.
January 30, 2020 02:44PM
Mike said the “batch on hand” are all the latest rev.

About the discount code. All Tek dealers have one as do the “Special Representatives” who were appointed when the Ameritek line was lunched. To get a code, just click on the “code” in red letters and you will be able to search for one or display all of them. If that’s not convenient, just use mine - A1485

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold