Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally got a smart phone — detector related question maybe

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally got a smart phone — detector related question maybe
February 09, 2020 02:28PM
I received letter from trac phone telling me my old flip phone was basically on its last days for function due to it’s internal tech. So I went out and bought a new one. It’s an Android smart phone.
Probing around on the phone I notice it gives me a phone temp. When I looked it said 92.3 degrees F. But the inside of my home not that warm. I am assuming this temp is measuring inside phone temp.
This phone cost a measly $49.95 plus tax.

It was just recently I think Geotech mentioned higher inside temps with maybe smaller detector cases and maybe even waterproofing contributes.

Is the measuring of temp here, is this something detector manufacturers of higher end detector should consider and give folks?
We have btw seen some EQX owners have shut down where they have their detectors encased in protective covers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 02:31PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Finally got a smart phone — detector related question maybe
February 09, 2020 03:13PM
In my mind it shouldn’t be an issue from the start, and if it is, should be rectified/retrofitted so that temp isn’t an issue....unless in the very “scorching-est” of places. The whole control housing should act as a good enough heat sink to dissipate any heat buildup, which I haven’t noticed even in the least. Smart phones are very compact without much breathing room inside and they can get warm, particularly if left in direct sunlight. Definitely don’t do that! I can’t imagine you’ll have issues with phone or EQX. I find that many problems crop up when you go looking for them....and sometimes I do.smiling smiley