Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors Relic

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fors Relic
February 14, 2020 01:58AM
I hope it's ok to ask a question about a detector here. smiling smiley------How many are still using the Fors Relic & if so---what's your opinion of it at this point in time--performance, ergonomics, etc. (compared to the latest offerings)?------All opinions welcome.--------Del
Re: Fors Relic
February 14, 2020 03:18PM
I've had 2 - Fors Relics. Wish I had kept one. Separation and depth are right up there with the best. It balances nice. Keep Imask at 0. Nice detector. I'm surprised we can't buy it new. It's a detector I wouldn't mind having again.
February 14, 2020 04:07PM
Great machine. Haven't seen another machine that can beat it for unmasking targets in iron. However, most of the sites I hunt aren't just iron, a lot of them are covered with the rusted tin chunks & pieces, and that creates a headache for any machine. If it was only iron it would be easy. To me, the Relic tends to like the rusted tin and throws off a lot of good signals audio wise ( forget VDI numbers at these sites). The CoRe will give better audio clues when dealing with that crap.

If a site was truly only iron infested it would be much easier to detect and I don't think you would find a machine that could unmask better than a Relic. Add in all the rusted tin that some of these sites contain and its a whole new ballgame.

Come join Monte this June on his WTHO outing in Wells, NV. I can take ya to a few old railroad ghost towns that will give you a new definition of " Iron Infested" smiling smiley
February 14, 2020 05:19PM
Thank you gentlemen.----Gregg---I know what you mean about that busted tin in those old camps/ghost towns.---It can be a real pain.---Interesting what you said about the CoRe.---Del
February 19, 2020 05:07AM
I believe you can still buy the Nokta Relic?
February 19, 2020 04:35PM
Robert----Unfortunately, both the Nokta Fors Relic & CoRe are discontinued.----A person (may) be able to find a dealer that still has one on his shelf (old stock).------Del