Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

When Was The Makro Kruzer Last Software Update?

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
When Was The Makro Kruzer Last Software Update?
March 10, 2020 10:31PM
I owned a Makro Kruzer a couple of years back and it was the Multi-Kruzer (5,14,19). I just purchased a 14 Kruzer, not the Multi because I only use the 14 anyway so I felt no need to spend the extra money on something that I didn't need or use. I hardly ever used the 4-tone mode back when I owned the Multi-Kruzer because it was too chatty around EMI. Now the 4-tone runs a lot smoother on my 14 Kruzer AND the audio now goes up to 800 Hz which to me is a lot better.

Makro Kruzer - Multi-Kruzer Manual - TONE Allows you to change the target audio response tones and the threshold sound according to your preference. For each metal group (Fe, Gold/Non-Fe, Non-Fe) the frequency can be adjusted between 150 Hz (15) and 700 Hz (70)

tabman
Re: When Was The Makro Kruzer Last Software Update?
March 10, 2020 11:28PM
My Multi Kruzer must have the older version software because it only goes up to 700 hz.
March 10, 2020 11:39PM
I haven't heard of an update that does any of that.
March 11, 2020 12:58AM
kevinnc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't heard of an update that does any of that
> .

I can't post pictures here without a lot of hassle, but I did the same post on another site and added a picture. LINK

tabman
March 11, 2020 03:31AM
See this link, Click on software update for info.
[www.noktadetectors.com]
March 11, 2020 10:58AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See this link, Click on software update for info.
> [www.noktadetectors.com]
> er/

Thanks, but I had already done that and the specs and upgrades don't show any 800hz audio upgrade for the Kruzer or Multi-Kruzer. LINK

Does anyone else have 800hz audio on their Kruzer or Multi-Kruzer? I really like it because it makes the high conductors really pop out from the trash targets.

tabman
March 14, 2020 04:29PM
I still have my test model Multi Kruzer, I will check mine when I get home and post my findings
March 14, 2020 08:09PM
Last one was July 30th 2018
March 17, 2020 05:21PM
I finally figured out why my 14kHz Kruzer's audio goes up to 800 hz when the manual says it will only go up 700 hz and why it runs smoother and sounds better than my old Multi-Kruzer. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

tabman
March 17, 2020 05:30PM
Well....... are you going to share your finding with us?
March 17, 2020 07:43PM
Because it was sent in to get work on it and they replaced the board with an anfibio board that goes up to 800khz. They probably don't make the kruzer boards anymore etc
March 17, 2020 08:42PM
This isn't my detector, but it was easy for Wegund and myself to figure this one out.

From another site:
Dr. Witty - "That is a very good question Tabman. I had to go downstairs and check my Multi Kruzer, and yes, mine goes up to 80 now too, used to only go up to 70. I don't use it much at all anymore for the same reason you stated. 4 tone was just too chatty for me in my area. I switched back to my Makro Racer 2 because of this since 2 tone mode is plenty deep for me while remaining relatively quiet. Back in Early September I had to send my Kruzer back for repair. At that time they just gave me a whole new control box since mine got flooded. My Kruzer at that time was updated to the 2nd release, so there must have been some changes since then that were not publicized. Now I'm thinking i need to give 4 tone another chance. So thanks for the heads up."

tabman
April 10, 2020 01:08PM
Now I'm wondering since the board or the control housing has been switched out if my new 'hybrid' detector is running at 14 or 19kHz. It could be just my imagination, but it does seem to hit a lot harder on nickels than my previous Kruzer. 19kHz could account for it running quieter in 4-tones. I know that my previously owned Teknetics G2 ran super quiet with 19kHz and loved nickels. Also I just noticed that the Anfibio doesn't have 4-tones like the Kruzer does. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if you can use the same 'control housing' and ONLY change the programming and have a new detector. In other words, is the Anfibio 19 the same detector as the Kruzer 14 with new programming, new rod and search coil?

tabman