Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 & coil(s)

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 & coil(s)
April 15, 2020 01:31AM
Best coil for the T2 (relic hunting in mineralized ground)?-----Thoughts/opinions?
Re: T2 & coil(s)
April 15, 2020 01:35AM
Stock coil (or smaller).
April 15, 2020 02:10AM
Always found the best coil for my T2 and in my opinion its still found me the most gold coinage of all my detectors including celtic gold staters,George 111 guineas and Sovereigns is the NEL Sharpshooter 9.5''x5.5''.Found the stock coil pretty decent as well.

For depth and ground coverage i use either the SEF 12X10,SEF 15x12 but another coil that i also use is the NEL Storm 14x13 and found that works fine on some of my roman high mineral content sites.

For extreme trashy medieval sites then the 5'' factory coil is still very deadly and gives great depth for its sizes.

The only coil that i have never got on with is the Mars Tiger coil which i still have and is like brand new,could never get it to GB.It may well be a decent coil but its the only one that i could never get on with.Biggest trouble is i have so many coils for all my machines.
April 15, 2020 03:35AM
I hardly ever take the sharpshooter coil off.Works in iron and open areas very well.

gives up slight depth to stock but works trash way better even dense trash.

Sharpshooter seems to lock on injuns in iron better than 5 inch?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 15, 2020 01:53PM
Snake coil is nice too.
April 15, 2020 02:37PM
Thanks guys.----What is the performance difference between the FT 5X10" & NEL Sharpshooter coils?
April 15, 2020 02:50PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys.----What is the performance difference
> between the FT 5X10" & NEL Sharpshooter coils?

In 'theory' the FT 5x10 should be better as its made by the same company as the detector.But from pure observations i have never personally seen anyone use one of these coils and infact very very few folks talk about them,but i have seen and heard many many folks use the NEL Sharpshooter coil,this in my mind tells me alot

Cannot give any form of opinion on the FT offering but solely on the fact that reviews or folks opinion on this coil or lack of would not inspire me to part with money for one.
April 15, 2020 05:56PM
I have the stock coil, and the NEL Sharpshooter.

I've had my T2 for years and I keep the Sharpshooter on it 100% of the time. It seems to get very near the same depth as the stock coil, and I think it pinpoints better. Our dirt here is red in Alabama, and lights up the bars on my mineral meter pretty well. If you have great soil, you may see a depth difference but for me in my dirt I don't.

I also love the center mounting on the NEL. I think it swings great.