Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Connecticut dirt help

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Connecticut dirt help
May 25, 2020 03:32PM
Do any of you guys hunt in Connecticut? If so...… do you know what strength of mineralization Connecticut dirt has on.....say...… a F75 or T2? Is it 2-bar dirt? 3-bar dirt? 0-bar dirt? Etc...….
Re: Connecticut dirt help
May 25, 2020 05:10PM
Hi Tom,

I'm in CT and used a F75 for a short period of time. The one site I brought it to consisted of glacier sand / dirt and registered 2-bar. However, this is not typical dirt at the majority of the sites I hunt. Hope this helps. - Jim
May 25, 2020 10:52PM
Thanks Jim! Are the majority of the sites you hunt...… higher (or lower) in mineralization..... than the glacier sand?
May 25, 2020 11:09PM
You are welcome Tom. My other sites are higher in mineralization and I used the AT PRO extensively at them. (The chart listed below is for the AT Pro.) When I used the AT Pro it GB'd anywhere from 80-86. Not sure how that would translate to the F75 as far as bars.Hope this somehow helps. - Jim

Typical Ground Balance Ranges:
80–99: Highly ferrous (magnetite, ferrous oxide minerals, black sands, hot rocks, terra cotta)
60–80: Moderately mineralized soils (red clay, brown clay, iron-bearing clay minerals, etc.)
20–60: Likely an iron object 0–20: Highly conductive, non-ferrous minerals such as saltwater

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Jim! Are the majority of the sites you hunt
> ...… higher (or lower) in mineralization..... than
> the glacier sand?