Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vanquish owners, check this out.

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vanquish owners, check this out.
June 13, 2020 06:05PM
Like to see some folks experiment and report your results here on this forum in this thread here (Dankowski forum).
[metaldetectingforum.com]

I don’t have a vanquish.
I have done this test with EQX 800.
Even did a video.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 06:13PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Vanquish owners, check this out.
June 14, 2020 01:41AM
I did the test. If iron bias is set to high then it has an issue with the dime on nickel test. Set iron bias to low and it operates normal and has no problem
June 14, 2020 01:55AM
The Vanquish series has a big problem with high iron bias falsing on iron that needs to be fixed also. Think there are some bugs with the Vanquish high iron bias setting that is not present on the Equinox. I just tried this test with the 540. Keep in mind that the lower models can't change iron bias settings. I think the 440 and 340 have permanent high iron bias.

Silver dime on top of Jefferson nickel

All search modes with HIGH iron bias and all metal OFF gives NO SIGNAL
All search modes with HIGH iron bias and all metal ON gives -5 -6

All search modes with LOW iron bias and all metal OFF gives 17-18

Coin, Relic, and Jewelry with LOW iron bias and all metal ON gives 17-18

Custom mode has 16-17-18 notched out by default so it only gives a signal of 17-18 with all metal ON. With custom mode and all metal OFF, it is notched out and gives no signal.
June 14, 2020 02:24AM
I guess if you have the 440 or 340 you will miss a coin spill if a dime is on top of a nickel. You will have to run the 540 with low iron bias to avoid this. Haven't tested the 540 much since I assumed it was just like the Nox. I think I need to test it out a little after seeing this. Debbie from Minelab said the Vanquish was updateable if there was a need for it. I think this would qualify.
June 14, 2020 09:08AM
I like to try different detectors. Mine sits because it can't handle my iron dirt without giving off false signals and ID readings.
June 14, 2020 04:20PM
Couple more quick tests with the 540 this morning.

Normal VDI in air:
Copper penny 24-25-26
Dime 25-26-27
Quarter 29-30-31
Nickel 12-13-14

Penny on dime and dime on penny gives consistent 28

Penny on nickel 20-21

Nickel on penny and nickel on dime same as dime on nickel above. Gives no signal until all metal is on then gives -5 -6.
June 14, 2020 05:11PM
For gee whiz.
FE iron bias use on EQX 800 all setting will read dime on top of nickel and vice versa.
Using F2 iron bias, the scenarios above will only be read with average ID using F2 settings of 0-7.
Settings of 8 and 9 detector silent.
All tests above with horseshoe disengaged.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 06:11PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 14, 2020 06:02PM
Nox F2 @ 8-9 is about the same as high iron bias on Vanquish. The Nox also tries to give iron tones with all metal ON but with an occasional 17-18. Looks like the same quirk is affecting them both. Never tested high iron bias that much because I don't use it.
June 14, 2020 07:41PM
Those that have used the Equinox or have read posts on it ......especially from this forum owner know the iron bias setting is crucial to a successful hunt. Those that purchased the Vanquish and expected the same results were kidding themselves. As with everything else.....you get what you pay for. Most people posted it was to be a backup detector anyways. In other words a dust collector.
June 14, 2020 09:59PM
It's not just the Vanquish. The Equinox has the exact same problem of not reading 2 coins stacked on top of each other with high iron bias.
June 15, 2020 02:30AM
67GTA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not just the Vanquish. The Equinox has the ex
> act same problem of not reading 2 coins stacked on
> top of each other with high iron bias.

I don’t think that was what Goodmore was saying.
Looks like the 2 cheaper vanquish models (since iron bias is locked at higher setting) can’t match EQX with lower iron bias dailed in on some scenarios. And these vanquish are cheaper.
One is not stuck with high iron bias using EQX models.

Does also prove vanquish is using F2 kinda iron bias EQX is using not the FE style iron bias.
If vanquish was using FE style iron bias it would detect dime on top of nickel - I think.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 02:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 15, 2020 07:43PM
Vanquish is definitely using max F2 iron bias on the high setting. I'm guessing it is F2 3 or 4 on the low setting. Looks like a bug that needs fixing. The high iron bias shouldn't knock out coins unless there is iron in close proximity. Tnsharpshooter are you registered on the original forum you linked to? We need to make sure Minelab knows about this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 07:46PM by 67GTA.
June 15, 2020 11:10PM
Call me crazy but I have had the Nox 800 and 600 and now a Vanquish 540 and I like the Vanquish 540 more. It's one of the funnest machines I've used in a long time and I have made some great coin and relic finds with it. The V8 coil is awesome on it. And you can swing it all day. The only issue I've had with it was it randomly shuts off when you are detecting. After a few cycles of the rechargable batteries I've not had any issues anymore with it shutting off.
June 16, 2020 01:24AM
67GTA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vanquish is definitely using max F2 iron bias on t
> he high setting. I'm guessing it is F2 3 or 4 on t
> he low setting. Looks like a bug that needs fixing
> . The high iron bias shouldn't knock out coins unl
> ess there is iron in close proximity. Tnsharpshoot
> er are you registered on the original forum you li
> nked to? We need to make sure Minelab knows about
> this.