Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How hot is too hot?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How hot is too hot?
June 26, 2020 01:46PM
How many who leave a detector in the trunk take it out if it gets North of 90 degrees? I like to have one in the trunk in case I run into a sidewalk tear out or other small window of opportunity. I always heard with a analog not as critical as a digital?
Re: How hot is too hot?
June 27, 2020 11:11AM
Like Tommy in Goodfellas, I am on the pay no mind list, LOL!
June 27, 2020 03:55PM
I take mine out of the vehicle if it gets over 90 degrees Harold.---Even if they are left in the vehicle, covering them with a blanket is a good idea to both try & hold down the heat & for security reasons.----Tesoro has stated that a detector should never be left in the trunk of a car.---Just my 2 cents worth--don't spend it all at one place! smiling smiley----------Del
June 27, 2020 05:11PM
What??? No "thank you"??? My name must be Tommy!----At least I tried to answer your question.
June 27, 2020 05:28PM
If you need a few strokes, Del, here ya are....stroke, stroke, stroke. HH jim tn
June 27, 2020 05:30PM
Kiss off Jim.---A little common courtesy never hurt anyone.----Del---jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you need a few strokes, Del, here ya are....str
> oke, stroke, stroke. HH jim tn
June 27, 2020 05:56PM
Sorry Ole' Del out to lunch, Thanks.
June 27, 2020 06:19PM
Heat not only hurts electronics but can warp plastic and is a KILLER on the cables for both the coil and worse the headphones.
June 29, 2020 11:07AM
A lot of the concern revolving around heat buildup within a car depends on a couple of things...what COLOR your car/interior is and what type of glass/tinting said car has. Simply cracking the windows an INCH will alleviate much of the problem, but the real solution is to not leave them in the car.