Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold chain and earring VLF recommendations.

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold chain and earring VLF recommendations.
December 03, 2020 01:05AM
I'm looking to get a dedicated machine just for hunting gold chains and earrings on some fresh water beach sites while the lake level is down drastically. I'm thinking maybe a Gold Monster 1000 or perhaps a GB2. I like the idea of having 2 coils with the Minelab and the Auto ground balance, any suggestions????
Re: Gold chain and earring VLF recommendations.
December 03, 2020 02:26AM
Dan...... If you have a EQX..... go to Prospecting Mode-1.
If not...... a Gold Bug-2... with the Iron Disc Switch: "ON".
December 03, 2020 10:11AM
In a situation like that i would use a Deus with the HF Elliptical coil running 74khz,outstanding on small gold items.
December 03, 2020 03:26PM
Since I have the Nox, I'll add the 6" coil and give it a whirl, thanks for the input.
December 03, 2020 03:48PM
Also the Gold Kruzer and Gold racer. The Equinox 800 in Gold 1 or Park 2 and 6" coil is good.

Finding gold chains and earrings is tough. I hunt all summer in lakes. The last 3 summers using the Gold Kruzer and Equinox 800 I've only found 1 gold chain, 1 gold earring and 2 silver earrings. You might have a better area to hunt than I do though.
December 05, 2020 01:13AM
Tesoro Compadre.
December 05, 2020 09:19AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tesoro Compadre.

Good suggestion but with what coil ?? mine has been converted so that i can use all 5 pin coils,i am thinking that the 4'' or the 7'' Concentric coils could make a great combination.

Albeit not alot of depth but they certainly could be deadly on small gold.