Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6a coils...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6a coils...
May 31, 2011 02:00AM
I was wondering if there are any coils on the market which will work with my CZ6a that will give good target separation and not sacrifice depth. Such as a DD coil. I know my CZ has the five pin plug for the coil. Do not know if the newer machines coils will interchange with my machine or if there are after market coils that will work. I have the 5, 8, and 10.5 inch concentric coils and they do well, but the iron masking and ground mineralization on the relic sites I hunt in N.C. and Va. is terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love my old CZ and will run it till it dies, but if there are no better coils out there for it then I will have to go to a newer machine for relic hunting and use my CZ at the beach along with my PI machine. Thanks...Stuart
Re: CZ6a coils...
May 31, 2011 12:53PM
To my knowledge no DD coils available and Sunray did make a larger coil than the 10.5 but its no longer in production but did offer more coverage and depth..In essence you have all the coils Fisher ever made for this unit.
As far as 5 pin all CZ coils are 5 pin except the original CZ6 which was 4 pin but they had problems with the connectors and many were changed over to the CZ6A 5 pin..
May 31, 2011 01:09PM
Thanks Dan. A little disheartening. I was hoping that maybe the DD coil on the new F75 would work or some other after market coil would. I may have to buy something like the F75 or some other brand. I am not brand specific, so would have to do some research before buying.
May 31, 2011 01:57PM
I owe NASA-TOM an apology. I have been watching his beach hunting video, several times and was just watching the relic video a few minutes ago. He explained in his video that the CZ6a would not work with the DD coils. That he had tried to construct one, but it had problems so they went to a new platform for that. Thus the Fisher F75 was made. Sorry I missed that earlier. Kind of dumb since it pertained to my particular detector. Nice to have things on video so you can review and refresh your memory. I promise not to look quite so dumb in the future if at all possible.
May 31, 2011 03:20PM
Correct. No such thing as a functioning DD coil for the CZ.