Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Makro The Legend....in the making

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
Nokta Makro The Legend....in the making
January 06, 2022 05:47PM
Knowing that the field testers will soon end their evaluations & feed back to NM on this new machine for a released production version, would it be helpful for the members here to express their expectations? I think so.
So far, seeing the few videos & studying the preliminary Users Manual it is looking like a very capable machine. The prelim manual does leave a lot of unanswered questions & the testers can not speak out yet. I want the initial production unit to be as close to ideal as possible. Seems better than updates later. So...

There is no mention of a Mineralization meter. This provides critical info to me on how to set up for a site & what I can expect as far as performance. The depth meter could be used while ground balancing to show intensity or, better yet, use the Ferro Check twin graph to show the ground's mineral AND conductivity. It really needs to be displayed whenever the coil in pumped, not just in GB mode.

There is no mention of a Notch tone, volume or pitch.
This feature, keeping the audio gate Open & allowing me to hear the impurities in a targets response is also critical. This is what has really set my Anfibio apart from other machines. Audio intelligence.

There is no mention of TIDs being normalized across the single or various SMFs.
I sure hope they are because I'm not smart enough or dexterous enough to deal with changing tone breaks and notches.

The only mention of VCO audio in in the 1 tone Goldfield mode.
I sure hope VCO can also be available for 2 tone. Even 4,6&60. Have VCO audio as an option. You could make your own Pitch mode.

The Goldfield mode looks very good. What about a Relic version with lower weighted kHz SMF & single frequency choice? The XP Relic program on the new Deus II seems to be very effective.

Beach MW shows to only ground balance 0-20. I assume MW is weighted toward lower kHz. I would like to be able to use it on wet/conductive inland sites where higher kHz are often unstable but the low GB limit will not allow. Maybe Beach MD is weighted medium?

A fuller description of each mode's relative weighting; lowest, med low, medium, med high, highest would be very helpful. Also a description of the filtering goals. This can all be figured out to some extent but would take a lot of trial & error & time.

There is no mention of the EUD function like on the Anfibio. Maybe it is redundant? I have had good success using EUD on difficult ground to sound off on mid conductive targets at depth.

Will the Coil overload tone have an adjustment level similar to the one just released on the Anfibio update?

I hope these concerns are unfounded but felt now is the time to let the field testers & NM be made aware of them.

Chris
Re: Nokta Makro The Legend....in the making
January 06, 2022 06:36PM
Most of these are questions for Dilek, but I had some insights into a few of your thoughts I noted below:

JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Knowing that the field testers will soon end their evaluations & feed back to NM on this new machine for a released production version, would it be helpful for the members here to express their expectations? I think so.

smoking smiley

>
> There is no mention of a Mineralization meter. This provides critical info to me on how to set up for a site & what I can expect as far as performance
> . The depth meter could be used while ground balancing to show intensity or, better yet, use the Ferro Check twin graph to show the ground's mineral AND conductivity. It really needs to be displayed whenever the coil in pumped, not just in GB mode.

I agree that a mineralization meter should be on the Legend, for that matter any flagship machine these days should have a mineralization meter. It provides critical information, and can guide one on settings, coil selection or even machine selection.

>
> There is no mention of a Notch tone, volume or pitch.
> This feature, keeping the audio gate Open & allowing me to hear the impurities in a targets response is also critical. This is what has really set my Anfibio apart from other machines. Audio intelligence.

I wonder, if you're planning to use full tones (I'd encourage you to) or one of the other tone options? In full tones, would keeping the audio gate be counterproductive or beneficial? Just thinking out loud to visualize how one would leverage this in multi tone? The Multi Kruzer, Impact, Racers, etc. were great with all of their audio options and adjustability.

> There is no mention of the EUD function like on the Anfibio. Maybe it is redundant? I have had good success using EUD on difficult ground to sound off on mid conductive targets at depth.

I wondered about the EUD like the Anfibio and Multi Kruzer used. It was an interesting feature, I wonder how many found it useful and were able to leverage it to dig some keepers they'd not dug otherwise. confused smiley Hopefully Dilek can comment on this feature.

>
> Will the Coil overload tone have an adjustment level similar to the one just released on the Anfibio update?

The ability to toggle it off is paramount IMO. I like that they added the ability on the Anfibio to adjust the overload volume like iron audio. It's a useful feature, but more user control on how to best leverage itIt i.
January 06, 2022 10:39PM
In my opinion the depth meter is useless I never even look at them but I know a lot of people use them. Maybe make it where it's a toggle function either depth or ground mineral depending on what you want
January 07, 2022 02:38AM
Pedlar mills Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion the depth meter is useless I never e
> ven look at them but I know a lot of people use th
> em. Maybe make it where it's a toggle function eit
> her depth or ground mineral depending on what you
> want

Nice idea thumbs down Actually being able to toggle between the two makes perfect sense as they can use the same LCD meter graph segment and generally one's checking the ground mineralization on a limited basis vs potentially looking at the depth meter on every target. Given that the EQX leverages multifreq to for ground telemetry, I'm surprised the EQX doesn't have a mineralization meter as it's already doing the work.
January 07, 2022 05:04AM
Agreed don't think it would take much to do. And would definitely encourage me into buying, would simplify for me. I now take a borrowed t2 with me to new spots just to check ground mineralization then hunt with other detectors. Would lighten the load so to speak
January 07, 2022 01:09PM
See what you started Chris!?!?!?!!!!! :-)
JCR
January 07, 2022 03:02PM
Yes, a lack of discussion will prove me paranoid!
Surely others have read over the preliminary Users Manual and have some thoughts about it.
I really just want this new machine to be the best it can be from the git go. I have hard hunted sites that need it to be.
I know I am impatient waiting for a more finalized version of the Users Manual to be available and the Field Testers to be able to openly give their thoughts on the production version. I sure would like to hear an update from Dilek.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2022 03:21PM by JCR.
January 07, 2022 09:32PM