Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Recommendation for XP detectors for Deus 2 - external speaker mute/unmute system...Other Manufacturers should consider for future models

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Alright, I know what is missing on Deus 2. My first rea solo flight (hunt) in the wild today with Xp Deus 2 detector lasting for 3 hours and 45 minutes. Afterwards I went to visit my mother in law in rehab center. As I drove down I was thinking maybe I should show folks the options they will have as far as doing videos while using detector via video (YouTube). In particular transitioning to external speaker when they find something using headphones and they want to show folks detector signal reaction on chosen suspect targets. Well on my drive back. It hit me !! The process I was going to show initially when thinking earlier, sparked a brain wave. Lol

Notice both plus and minus keys when given long pushes both go to audio menu. I think one of these keys should be freed up and be used to do the following.

Don’t think I have ever seen this mentioned previously with any detector model.

What I am talking about is an external speaker mute/unmute button. Have either plus or minus key with long press activate external speaker. With a way somehow to set standby volume level (so it burns no power) when speaker is off.

So what would having this feature afford ?

1) Fewer buttons on remote pushed in the long haul, this could reduce remote keyboard wear and tear.

2) Folks wanting to do videos and show target responses, they can leave WS6 running, drop headphones to around their neck push button and get external speaker online quick. Show target. And push button again later get speaker offline quick.

3) Buddies or friends out detecting and one or more is using Xp Deus model, and they want to compare a signal obtained say by one of the group, Deus 2 User(s) can quickly get external speaker on line to show folks signal.

4) Hotter weather headphones can be uncomfortable. Person using Deus 2 could take a break from wearing headphones or put around their neck, and for a period could activate external speaker and continue to hunt while they cool off some. Then they may indeed go back to headphone use and deactivate external speaker.

5) Good idea for marketing. Some folks may see this feature and buy Deus just because they like doing videos. This feature being a time saver for doing videos could infact mean more video done with deus on average per user of another manufacturers’ model. Hence more videos can help with marketing and sales.

6) This feature should conserve remote battery power for some users and could extend remote battery life for some users as well.

NO unplugging headphones to get external speaker to work. No replugging them back in so person can go find another target.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2022 09:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
The V3 had this feature. You could connect the wireless headphones and still turn the speaker on and off. Unfortunately you could not put this option in the Quick menu and it took a few presses to get to it in the Big Menus.
That's the same boat Deus 2 is in. Have to press buttons after going into menu. I think an update with Deus 2 could infact allow for one push of a button to activate and extinguish external speaker.