Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thinking out Loud - Deus 2 and micro gold jewelry

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thinking out Loud - Deus 2 and micro gold jewelry
February 03, 2022 03:51AM
So, can lowering Deus 2 disc allow for any gain in performance wet salt beach?
Lot of my thinking based on previous model Deus 1 ops.

Deus 2 does allow for some level of ferrous discrimination with settings below say 6.5.
So question here. If one model detector is giving iron tone on smaller nonferrous in wet salt beach environment sooner verus another model, does this mean necessarily the unit that lags giving this this iron tone,, is this unit likely to give iron tone on an even deeper nonferrous vs the other unit?

Does higher freq detect ferrous as well as lower freqs- wet salt sand.

Seems Deus 2 can give nonferrous tone on actual nonferrous target yet not give ID of target.
So if we lowered disc and put disc more in the middle of iron range, would Deus 2 possibly give tone either or nonferrous or ferrous tone yet not give ID of target ?
Would Deus 2 with this lower running of ID, would it still properly ID ferrous. At least medium and large?
So could a Deus 2 user on beach actually hear an iron tone, look at screen and see no ID and dig with potential odds of finding micro jewelry?
Granted some ferrous could be dug, but this process might yield micro jewelry nonetheless less.

I would expect medium and larger nails to read ID of 02-06.

Pinpoint use.
Could pinpoint use help with dig no dig decisions. On targets yielding ferrous tone but no ID.
It should be pointed out iron volume on Deus 2 is not technically iron tone. Rather tone provided for objects under current disc setting.

I am not a salt water beach Hunter. Deus 2 though has me fascinated in this dept none the less.

I am counting on you Mr Danksowki to shed light here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2022 03:53AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Thinking out Loud - Deus 2 and micro gold jewelry
February 03, 2022 05:26PM
Very short on time........ so........ incremental answers. (((Remind me.......make sure I don't forget))).

Yes...... lowering Disc will allow for longer audio duration on weak/short-blip targets. This is a major PLUS; yet, keep in mind ..... 'fringe targets' may still NOT generate a ID.
""Which"" make/model/unit that gives an iron response to a 'fringe' target (fringe to THAT SPECIFIC unit)......... may NOT necessarily present a linear signal-strength drop-off. It 'may' hang on to a weak detection level....... to much further CONTINUED 'fringe depth' targets.

In general........ (in reference to wet-salt application)....... the higher the frequency(s) used....... the more sensitive to iron.

Outta time!
February 03, 2022 06:13PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very short on time........ so........ incremental
> answers. (((Remind me.......make sure I don't forg
> et))).
>
> Yes...... lowering Disc will allow for longer audi
> o duration on weak/short-blip targets. This is a m
> ajor PLUS; yet, keep in mind ..... 'fringe targets
> ' may still NOT generate a ID.
> ""Which"" make/model/unit that gives an iron respo
> nse to a 'fringe' target (fringe to THAT SPECIFIC
> unit)......... may NOT necessarily present a linea
> r signal-strength drop-off. It 'may' hang on to a
> weak detection level....... to much further CONTIN
> UED 'fringe depth' targets.
>
> In general........ (in reference to wet-salt appli
> cation)....... the higher the frequency(s) used...
> .... the more sensitive to iron.
>
> Outta time!

Thanks.
Talking with Calabash, we have concluded he needs to take varied sizes nails to wet salt and bury and note deus 2 ID and tonal reporting. Hoop gold earring and earring back will be checked buried with lowering disc to see any advantage gained.
Deus 2 running it seems higher freq using beach sensitive it may give ID more often on smaller ferrous vs micro gold targets.
Person my indeed use unit with lower disc (allowing some ferrous levels through tonally), yet user still has meter to look at for ID of target should it be bigger iron.
Should be noted for folks here. Iron tone on deus 2, it is not technically iron tone setting, rather setting given for objects reporting in below dialed in disc setting. Hence dial disc to 70 on deus 2 sweep a nickel with iron tone enabled and get iron tone in headphones over nonferrous nickel coin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2022 06:17PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 03, 2022 06:39PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should be noted for folks here. Iron tone on deus
> 2, it is not technically iron tone setting, rather
> setting given for objects reporting in below dial
> ed in disc setting. Hence dial disc to 70 on deus
> 2 sweep a nickel with iron tone enabled and get ir
> on tone in headphones over nonferrous nickel coin.

Odd. If the nickle is discriminated out, the unit shouldn't report at all let alone an iron tone.
Does the D2 have notch? If so, and you notch out the nickles ID #s, does it iron tone?
February 04, 2022 01:29PM
On most makes/models/brands of detectors............the deeper targets may ID as 'iron'........on the wet-salt beach. Sooooooo......... if you do NOT discriminate out the iron, you will ascertain greater depths on targets. It will then be up to the operator to be able to be his own VDI/ID intel source. And it's actually (fairly) easy...... with a fair amount of experience...... in a beach environment. Non-ferrous DEEP targets present a very small/tight/sharp audio response that does not shift location as you rotate your body around the target. A DEEP steel bottlecap is a mushy (almost: 'smeared') sounding audio response......that is more broad.......and shifts pinpoint location a little bit......as you rotate your body around the target. A fish hook or bobby-pin or nail.... gives that very classic double-beep......then back to a single-beep..........AND shifts pinpoint location.,.,.,.,., as you rotate your body around the target. There's a lot of intel out there.
Many detectors are designed to NOT present an audio response....... if the signal-strength is not strong enough to generate a VDI ID.

What if I were to tell you that I have a detector that will properly ID a Nickel to 12" depth; yet, present no ID.....all the way down to a 20" depth. Would you be interested in having this detector:
1. If you are a beginner = NO!
2. If you have mild experience = Maybe!
3. If you have a fair amount of skillset = ABSOLUTELY!

I would HOPE Deus-2 would give an iron tone on an extremely deep target that it cannot ID. It would THEN give the operator a: "choice".

Paramagnetic & Diamagnetic targets present a very sharp/short/discrete audio signature.
Ferromagnetic targets present a bit of a 'mushy' sounding audio...........and...........depending on shape.,.,.,.,., can give a multitude of other (((signature-to-hull emitters))) clues.

SUMMATIONAL CLOSURE = NEVER discriminate iron on the beach.