Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Legend detector (version 1.06) using multi 2 can provide significant ID in error on targets..video

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I have been talking to Calabash. I would put this in Dilek’s thread below but I am not a Legend owner.

Calabash has been able to duplicate what he has seen multiple multiple times.

Basically if you are using Legend using multi 2. ID of targets may or may not be correct. And a manual or auto noise cancel won’t correct detector so it will show correct ID. Big trend anyways.

Actually the only way it seems Legend ID is corrected is if user cycles detector through the freqs and after return to multi 2 then detector reports correct ID in multi 2.

This what is being seen thus far only seems to be happening with multi 2 use.

Calabash has done videos sweeping quarter from about 3-4” above and I believe a clad dime.
ID differences noted around 6 points low (checking clad dime and quarter) when Legend is misbehaving in multi 2 vs Multi 1.

I’ll post video(s) here when they are processed.

So if you turn on Legend in multi 2. And leave in multi 2.
And even do noise cancel users of Legend may not get correct ID of targets.

And if a Legend user is getting correct ID of targets (maybe they cycled machine through freqs and returned to multi 2) using multi 2 then turns their machine off in same site and back on in multi 2 and uses, user likely will not get correct ID of targets.

These tests done in Calabash’s yard.
And were very repeatable.
And again multi 2 is the one showing the disparity with ID depending on what is done to detector.

In Calabash video(s) you may hear him talking to me on phone. I was weighing in giving him some things to try to try to see effects on ID.

Believe it or not. We came upon this at my request for Calabash to see how much ID changed when going to extremes changing noise cancel channels. When sweeping quarter and nickel. Checking different modes/freqs.

Yeah some look down on backyard test. They really can be helpful with a new release detector. Who wants to be walking over targets reading way lower not knowing ? Not me.

So even though I am not a Legend owner. I can help try to make a detector better by talking to some of the actual Legend owners.

Video should come soon. Hopefully.

This thread is NOT deemed a hit job on legend detector.
Rather to show defect that hopefully can be corrected with update.
Yes Nokta Makro needs to know, and also the current owners of Legend.

If after video is posted.
If an actual Legend owner wants to link this in Dilek’s thread. By all means go ahead.

Here’s video.
[m.youtube.com]

Btw another Legend owner named basstrackerman has duplicated with his unit. Think he has video to support too. I may post it here as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2022 03:19PM by tnsharpshooter.