Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus LITE. Is there such thing?

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus LITE. Is there such thing?
July 10, 2022 09:38PM
Ideally ......... I'd like to get a Deus-2 Lite. Is there such thing? I do NOT want the wireless phones......that probably costs $1/4-Grand.......... {{{as a 'mandatory option'}}}. ((( Options.......---in general--- are usually where the highest profit-margin markups reside. )))
Re: Deus LITE. Is there such thing?
July 11, 2022 01:56AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ideally ......... I'd like to get a Deus-2 Lite. I
> s there such thing? I do NOT want the wireless pho
> nes......that probably costs $1/4-Grand..........
> {{{as a 'mandatory option'}}}. ((( Options.......-
> --in general--- are usually where the highest prof
> it-margin markups reside. )))

Yes, there is such a thing.
https://www.kellycodetectors.com/xp-deus-lite-metal-detector-with-11-x35-coil-and-ws4-headphones?matchtype=&network=g&device=c&adposition=&keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8amWBhCYARIsADqZJoUowITjweXl6Q3zeJvCnYkr_PbfBo59bW2lJOZsV7dHpYyI1S_ESfEaAkROEALw_wcB
July 11, 2022 02:04AM
The Deus 2 "lite" is not really any lighter weight than the full version. The lite comes with the same crappy headphones, and less hunting environments available to hunt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 02:46AM by midalake.
July 11, 2022 02:54AM
I thought I saw where there was going to be a version with the remote, and either wired headphones, or a selection of wireless phones, but they wouldn't be a complete Deus II like the WS6's are. The nice thing about going with the WS6 package, is just add an ORX handle assembly ($125), another coil and you've got yourself two Deus II machines...
July 11, 2022 12:07PM
midalake....... Is that a Deus or a Deus-2? I'm needing a Deus-2 without any headphones.
I'm merely looking for the remote, coil and pole. (Deus-2).
July 11, 2022 01:22PM
Tom.
My recommendation. Get Deus 2 with coil, pole, and remote along with the new released WSA XL wireless headphones. This package is cheaper than package with WS6 headphone module. WSA XL are waterproof to 3 ft. Have only on off and volume adjustment. Now I think there will be option a pigtail one can buy and screw on remote for wired headphone use.

The headphones I am recommending above are a full headphone. So good for beach, good for anything really. Maybe everything but super hot temps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 01:24PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 11, 2022 03:30PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> midalake....... Is that a Deus or a Deus-2? I'm ne
> eding a Deus-2 without any headphones.
> I'm merely looking for the remote, coil and pole.
> (Deus-2).

Tom- On the Deus 2 lite package. The goofy puck comes as a headphone unit with that package. You can buy everything as a separate. Main Pod controller, coil and rod. However Tom, you will not want the detector rod if you plan on putting it in the water. It is junk, too much flex.

Also, the problem with just owing a puck. It is not waterproof, and the puck cannot be hooked up to the required antenna for water hunting. The "Deus 2 lite" will not be able to be used in water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2022 03:33PM by midalake.
July 12, 2022 12:55AM
midalake Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> However Tom, you will not want the d
> etector rod if you plan on putting it in the water
> . It is junk, too much flex.
>

I'm working on that... winking smiley

Steve
July 12, 2022 01:55AM
Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting "takes".

Sooooooo........ it can not be 'simple'?
And ..... it sounds like the Deus-2 cannot take wired headphones without additional contraptions to simply 'plug in' a set of wired phones.
July 12, 2022 09:14AM
theyr e on sale in paris and soon in the uk
about 1000 euros
i have all the parts to build one inc 9 inch coil
so taking that route

completed this week
July 12, 2022 01:18PM
the puck will work in the plastic deus bag with antenna on the outside of the bag ,i plan to test it soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2022 01:19PM by diggers.
July 12, 2022 02:25PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting "takes".
>
> Sooooooo........ it can not be 'simple'?
> And ..... it sounds like the Deus-2 cannot take wi
> red headphones without additional contraptions to
> simply 'plug in' a set of wired phones.

Tony Eisenhower made jumpers for me to use my favorite headphones. Yes, you need the correct connector for the back of the Deus. Mine are wired into the bone conduction connection. The Deus is the loudest machine I have ever heard. The volume power is impressive.
JCR
July 12, 2022 06:54PM
There is a thread in the XP Deus II topic of Steve H's forum that gives a description of & part # for the OEM wired HP adapter.

Chris
July 12, 2022 10:15PM
SkiWiz...... do you have this extra part that I will need.....to plug in a pair of wired phones? I guess I will already be needing extra parts to use my wired phones. (I will NOT be using wireless phones....... if I can avoid them.......at all costs).
July 14, 2022 01:59AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> SkiWiz...... do you have this extra part that I wi
> ll need.....to plug in a pair of wired phones? I g
> uess I will already be needing extra parts to use
> my wired phones. (I will NOT be using wireless pho
> nes....... if I can avoid them.......at all costs)
> .
I believe this is what you need
XP DEUS II Remote Control Headphone Jack Adapter
D2-RC1-G0-002

I can get you one.
July 14, 2022 02:22AM
Good to know...Steve. THANKS!!!

Is this to implicate though...... that there is a 'wireless REMOTE' that headphones plug in to???
July 15, 2022 09:53AM
Tom, the ‘remote’ is the main wireless housing that’s sits on the shaft, but the shaft is almost incidental because you can clip it on or hang it off your neck, or even put it in your pocket using the provided cover. That is where the headphone pigtail will plug into, but it adds hardly any weight, so the shaft location is most convenient. The adapter plug on the Deus II is a 5 pin and looks similar to the original 4 pin pigtail adapter that Dimitar was using for the MDT-8000. You would need the Deus II version to use your KOSS phones.
As far as a Lite version, there may be one on the horizon, but I don’t think you’re going to find one right now, and you’ll only be shedding the headphone ‘puck’ and the phones. I would think that anyone that wants a scaled down Deus II version will want some kind of headphones included, so that may be an issue. IMHO, the most logical thing to do is to find the Deus II with coil size of your choice (9 or 11), and maybe just sell off the other items you don’t want to someone on the forum. I’m sure someone would love to have a second puck (which can be used as the remote in a pinch) along with the unpopular stock behind the ear headphones.
Just my .02.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2022 09:56AM by Gary in Daytona.
July 15, 2022 03:07PM
July 15, 2022 04:49PM
Nice shirt!-----calabash digger Wrote:
> [youtu.be]
July 15, 2022 05:25PM
Thanks Gary! Sooooo........ you are saying that I would be plugging my personal wired headphones into the wireless "remote" on the shaft of the detector? So the wired headphones ..... then become 'wireless'?

calabash...... THAT is what I want to do........ a direct hardwire......directly into the control-head/detector! THAT'S a "hardwire" ....... direct connect!
July 16, 2022 09:37AM
Tom, yes, if I’m following you, Calabash answered it well in his video. The only connection between headphone and detector is the remote, the puck is not in the loop at all, and the coil is wireless. Haven’t tried those Gray Ghost phones, but they may be worth picking up for the days we can get wet on the east coast, but if you’re in the water or diving, remember the antenna comes back into play from control head to coil, making it less ‘wireless’.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Thanks Gary! Sooooo........ you are saying that I
> would be plugging my personal wired headphones int
> o the wireless "remote" on the shaft of the detect
> or? So the wired headphones ..... then become 'wir
> eless'?
>
> calabash...... THAT is what I want to do........ a
> direct hardwire......directly into the control-hea
> d/detector! THAT'S a "hardwire" ....... direct con
> nect!
July 24, 2022 09:32AM
Trying to understand this . . . . for the D2 to connect to Grey Ghosts wired headphones, you need an adapter from the remote (6 pin to an 1/4"female)? Where can one get this adapter. Is this adapter for any wired headphones with 1/4" male jack? So we don't need the puck to hook into the head phones? Can they be paired easily to the remote?

I don't like the back phones that come with the D2.I wanted the full phones (wireless) that I ordered from XP but they give you what they have, not what you order.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2022 09:37AM by ozzie.
July 24, 2022 04:09PM
I don't like those backphones either Ozzie.----Get the Deep Tech wireless h.p.'s--the puck snaps into them.----Or--I think XP is about ready to come out with their over the head wireless headphones.----ozzie Wrote:
> Trying to understand this . . . . for the D2 to co
> nnect to Grey Ghosts wired headphones, you need an
> adapter from the remote (6 pin to an 1/4"female)?
> Where can one get this adapter. Is this adapter fo
> r any wired headphones with 1/4" male jack? So we
> don't need the puck to hook into the head phones?
> Can they be paired easily to the remote?
>
> I don't like the back phones that come with the D2
> .I wanted the full phones (wireless) that I ordere
> d from XP but they give you what they have, not wh
> at you order.
July 24, 2022 06:48PM
The Grey Ghost are made for the Deus II no need for adapter.They are loud...