Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Coils

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
New Coils
August 12, 2022 08:43PM
It may sound redundant to some, but I like having choices in what coil to use on any given detector. I find each can bring it's own "look" to a hard hunted site. I think I now have about every possible factory coil for each machine except the F5.
I just got in the new DeepTech 8" Concentric & SuperSix coils for the Vista X, and the 11X14 Reaper for the AT Max.
I like them.

Chris
Re: New Coils
August 13, 2022 03:54PM
It's good to have the right coil for the place your hunting. So you have to have different coils.

SuperSix 6x8 is an incredible coil.

Good luck hunting.
Re: New Coils
August 18, 2022 09:35PM
I've had machines I didnt want to use with stock coil only to come across a coil that brings the machine into its own..

MXT is such a machine.the Stock 950 coil and me didnt click.I remember when the machine came out I was waiting eagerly seeing the ads in the magazines.Finally my dealer had them in stock and I rode up and got one out of the box and went out to his test garden behind shop where a old house once stood.I swung around and I wasnt feeling it...Went back inside and told him man I dont know.Coil seems to be to big and wide sounding on signals for any serious work not my cup of tea.He said well theres a 6x10 DD here's one in the shipment they sent me I think its a prototype has no label.I stuck it on and went back out and whole different machine razor sharp and brought the relic mode alive.I left with that coil on the machine.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla