Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Legend "Anomaly"

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
The Legend "Anomaly"
October 13, 2022 06:45PM
I wanted to start this topic to keep the Manticore Thread from getting off track.
The anomaly that NASA Tom referred to is very interesting to me, though I have no firm idea of what he is seeing. I have spent a lot of time with my Legend in both my mild & high mineral test beds & many hours in the field hunting a wide variety of Inland soil conditions. The detector has proved itself to be very versatile & performs to a high level.
I am glad to know that Tom has made Nokta aware of what he is seeing. I know that they will take it seriously & address it. I assume NASA Tom has been somewhat involved with the Legend as he was with the Impact. That would explain the lack of comment. I look forward to when things can be discussed more openly. In the meantime, I will ignore any bashers & nitpickers and blissfully keep digging good targets in my ignorance.

Chris
Re: The Legend "Anomaly"
October 13, 2022 07:04PM
All others: In reference to the Nokta/Makro Legend........try this:

Burry a dime at 10".
Burry a dime at 14".

Test 4-KHz on both dimes.
Test SMF on both dimes.

You will discover a fundamental SMF error.

I demonstrated this to a Nokta/Makro engineer.
Then............... he replicated the error to/for himself.
Then............. we went live on-the-wire (video conference) with Nokta/Makro Istanbul, Turkey...... and demonstrated error to the Chief Design Engineer.
(((Names deliberately withheld))).

Figured I would copy and paste Tom's comment. If I didn't have a migraine I would test it for myself. I am enjoying my Legends it is, but the more knowledge the better....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2022 07:07PM by cddz.
JCR
Re: The Legend "Anomaly"
October 18, 2022 04:52PM
I spent some time re testing The Legend on deep test bed targets since I am now running V1.09. 2 tone, TB 7, Recovery 1, IF 2.1, AG 3, TH 3, 30 sensitivity. No GI bars & ground balanced for each mode/frequency. I checked Park & Field; M1, M2, M3, 4, 10 & 15 kHz. Also Beach MD & MW.

Park mode M1 & 4kHz are very close in performance, a slight edge to M1. M2 also very close to 4kHz. M3 had the best response.

Field mode showed the same order except M2 was slightly better than 4kHz. M3 still gave the best response.

My 10' Dime is a sure hit on all of the above. My 12"Quarter, 12" Dime & 15" Half is where it gets iffy. These were 50-60% at best. On these fringe depth targets the soft tones start blending with the ground on some sweeps & gives a weaker high tone on other sweeps. TID is intermittent. TID 11 seems to come up when the Legend hits a non ferrous target that is weak.

Park is slightly better than Field on this clean ground. On hotter/iron trash sites Field is more stable. The newer M3,(along with the updated parameters of M1), introduced early on with V1.05(which may be a response to NASA Tom's anomaly observation) has a softer audio response than M1 or M2. The single frequencies also have this softer audio. I have read Nokta is working on a M4 frequency.

Beach mode gave good response on the 10" Dime but was ineffective on 12" coins.

Chris