Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So what detecotor is the best for schools and parks

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: So what detecotor is the best for schools and parks
June 18, 2011 03:02PM
Personally if you want silver the Etrac is it. Out of the box they are just simpler to use. Having had the DFX way to many people just tweak and tweak i cant see the V3 being any different... there then becomes a confidence issue. I think Dans response about new or old parks have a lot of merit. Knowing your equipment has a lot to do with it if you are talking top of the line machines. I hunt with an explorer.... they require more learning time, but are very capable. But its not just the detector.... you have to pick a proper machine for EMI, soil, and coil size.

Dew
Re: So what detecotor is the best for schools and parks
June 18, 2011 11:27PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally if you want silver the Etrac is it.
> Out of the box they are just simpler to use.
> Having had the DFX way to many people just tweak
> and tweak i cant see the V3 being any different...
> there then becomes a confidence issue. I think
> Dans response about new or old parks have a lot of
> merit. Knowing your equipment has a lot to do
> with it if you are talking top of the line
> machines. I hunt with an explorer.... they
> require more learning time, but are very capable.
> But its not just the detector.... you have to pick
> a proper machine for EMI, soil, and coil size.
>
> Dew

Yeah, you are right... there is a huge learning curve with the V. BUT... a lot of the things you had to endure with the DFX is not necessary with the V. Plus, there is a lot of info out there to help you narrow the curve. I too have an Explorer II and is was such a blessing switching to that after my DFX. From what I understand the Etrac is an improved version of the Explorer series as the V is to the DFX. Much more user friendly.