Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A detector is just a detector..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A detector is just a detector..
June 17, 2011 01:20PM
Its the nut behind the wheel that counts...Over the years many bells and whistles have been added but knowing how to get the best out of them is where its at.
Going back 1235X was surely the best for planted hunts, older Tesoro's could pick up those tiny gold chains that other units wouldn't touch in disc, GMT King Cobra ruled in junky iron invested areas and yes a 20 year old CZ will go as deep as any of them etc. etc. so one wonders how far we have evolved in the hobby with more bells and whistles and yes EMI but I do like the reduction of weight in many...I speak from experience as in the last 20 years lost count of the number I tried and I am not a dealer and in the right hands old or new units will find the goodies..
Re: A detector is just a detector..
June 17, 2011 11:37PM
But Dan, ain't it fun trying a different one, if I had the cash flow, I would try all of them,always wanted to try a 4500
Re: A detector is just a detector..
June 18, 2011 12:13AM
A detector is a detector until your wife finds out you just bought another one and she chases you around the house with a carving knife (okay I made the carving knife up...but man was she ticked.....lol)
With drugs an addiction with detectors fun...
June 18, 2011 01:23AM
An avid hunter for years bought a good rifle and shotgun and used them for 40 years...never changed...
With detectors would guesstimate tried a 100 in the last 20 years thru, trading, buying, selling, bartering and will probably end my run with similiar units that I started with....go figger....