Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simplex part of a review from Andy Sabisch. Gold/foil?

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simplex part of a review from Andy Sabisch. Gold/foil?
October 05, 2019 07:20PM
This was from a review on Simplex that Andy Sabisch wrote.

2) If the Target ID jumped around even when wiggling the coil a few inches side-to-side, it was always trash – can slaw, a ball of tin foil, etc. Remember, this is for coin hunting so relic hunting or hunting overseas, you simply need to dig those signals but for coin hunters, erratic TIDs = trash.

Foil tdi all over. If gold locks on this could be big, maybe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 07:28PM by Rick, N. MI.
Re: Simplex part of a review from Andy Sabisch. Gold/foil?
October 05, 2019 08:21PM
I expect gold will be as it is with my Kruzer or most any other machine. Round gold band flat in clean ground-consistent TID in all directions. Broken band, smashed, out of round, near other metal-all bets are off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 08:35PM by dgerst.
October 06, 2019 04:27AM
The Impact locked in solid on my $5 gold, as did several gold rings I've found with the Nok/Mak machines, they like gold and silver.
October 06, 2019 04:48PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .... If the Target ID jumped around even when wiggli
> ng the coil a few inches side-to-side, it was alwa
> ys trash – can slaw, a ball of tin foil, etc.....

This is a form of audio notching (as opposed to TID #'s notching). Knowing that , yes: On average, foil blobs and can-slaw will be out -of-round. Contrast to a ring, which is more uniform.

So this is not to be confused with "telling aluminum apart from gold". It is playing-the-odds that , yes .... junk tends to have recurring shape, versus rings which have recurring shape.

But rest assured: There will be gold items (stick pins, wadded up chains, oblong amulets, etc...) that will give a "jump around" TID. And there will be scores of aluminum that give nice tight concise "round" sounds.
October 06, 2019 09:45PM
Yes I understand that. Some detector love round targets. Tesoro's were good at that. Having a nice smooth hit on round targets.

Nope. No detector can Differentiate gold yet. Just the way it is.
October 07, 2019 12:15AM
10K gold is not solid hit.
October 07, 2019 01:30AM
10k white gold worse.