Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

quick question concerning aftermarket coils for the F75.

Posted by Streak! 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
quick question concerning aftermarket coils for the F75.
January 22, 2020 09:15PM
curious what some of you may be using (successfully) in after market coils for your F75's. Im happy with my stock coils, but wondering if anyone has had success with bigger aftermarket coils in terms of adding depth without changing the flavor of the machine. all responses/suggestions welcome.
Re: quick question concerning aftermarket coils for the F75.
January 22, 2020 10:49PM
I use the 15" x 12" SEF on mine. It stays on it 100% of the time. I never use the stock coil.

The SEF is pretty light for a 15" and has a nice balanced swing to it. In my test garden, it gets about 2" more depth than the stock coil on dimes and quarters.

I had a 15" SEF on my T-2 for years and loved it. I eventually sold the T2 and bought the F-75. For a change I tried a 15" NEL Attack but it was heavy and ungainly compared to the SEF. I also tried the 14.5" NEL Thunder and hated that too. The detector went unused for months because I didn't like the NEL coils or the stock coil. Finally, I decided to go with another SEF. Now I'm happy and totally enjoying the F-75.

I can't say enough about the 15" SEF. I highly recommend it. I had to try the other coils to realize how good it is.

If anyone is interested, I have two very lightly used NEL coils for sale. $90 each, shipped.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 05:32PM by Badger in NH.
January 23, 2020 03:36PM
I have a 15x12 SEF for mine...however it is heavier than the stock 11". My shoulder cannot handle using it for very long. I will sell it for 75.00, since I will probably never really use it for that reason. You can PM me if interested.
January 23, 2020 04:18PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a 15x12 SEF for mine...however it is heavie
> r than the stock 11". My shoulder cannot handle u
> sing it for very long. I will sell it for 75.00,
> since I will probably never really use it for that
> reason. You can PM me if interested.

PM sent.