Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shaft and stork leg

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Shaft and stork leg
January 09, 2022 01:52PM
It appears Chuck from Owl Engineering has designed some shafts that could be helpful for the water guys using the Nox and Xcal. For those who dont know him hes the guy who designed the Stealth scoop. I didnt order one because my Nox is a back up and im using an Anderson given to me to test early on. It doesnt appear to be a balanced shaft like SteveGs thou.... and i dont see, or maybe theres no need, for a lock with the double spring clip. I do like the cuff.

[metaldetectingforum.com]
Re: Shaft and stork leg
January 09, 2022 07:10PM
Dew --

On a side note (don't mean to thread-jack), but I am building Excal shafts for folks -- "Florida-style" shafts that place the control pod and battery pod behind the arm cuff (better balance). I am happy to custom build, and in fact just did a three-piece travel-shaft version for one of my customers in the last few days. I'd love to share this info with other Excal users, and I have recently seen lots of discussion over at Friendly Forum where folks are talking about Plugger being out of business, and given that, some folks now being not sure how they could get custom shafts for their Excaliburs. Please share with anyone who may be interested/have a need, that I can fill some of that void for custom Excal shafts. I would share the info there myself, but I am not allowed to post there in the Beach forum, because Chuck/OWL engineering is the sponsor.

Let me know if you would like any other info about the shafts, and I will share with you privately.

Thanks!

Steve